Eleven

"Good Morning Emma!" Stewart greets me cheerfully.

"Good morning Stewart." I smile politely and take my seat at his office.

"What's new?" He asks.

"Have you um-" I reach for mom's letters from my bag and place them in front of him.

"Read those?" I ask. He reaches for them taking a look.

"Yes, these where from your mother to Mr. Kent. I personally delivered them to Mr. Kent, one after the other. But no, I most certainly did not read them." He explains.

"Were you close to my father?" I ask him.

"To some extent, yes, I believe the closest from his staff." He says with a humble smile.

"Stewart, I really need you to tell me everything about my father's relationship with my mother. Everything you know. Please."

"Emma I-" He starts to say.

"Please don't tell me you won't disclose... This is my relationship with my brothers, they're the only family I have now I must earn Luke's trust or else I cannot live this way. My mother lied to me repeatedly and I have no idea why! I'll make every effort for any sort of clearance." I tell him.

"I understand."

"I don't know very much but I'll tell you what Mr. Kent told me."

"He loved your mother very much but your mother's family refused him. They continued their relationship anyway and Mrs. Kent got pregnant and marriage seemed like a non-negotiable decision."

"He also said the first two years were beyond great, until they had several financial crises and your mother sought her family's help. That's when your father was slowly being pushed out of your mother's life."

"And then your mom remarried and-" I stop him.

"So she did re-marry... To whom?" I ask.

"I believe he is someone she knew a long time ago. But then he didn't seem very pleased with the idea of having to take care of you..." He pauses.

"Your mom chose you over him and ended everything with him."

"And then several years later, When Mr. Kent thought he was capable of aiding a family he asked for your mother back and she refused saying she can't handle all the travelling and work...."

"Why?" I ask.

"Emma the whys are what I'm not on full knowledge of, but this is all I know..." He finishes.

I sigh letting all this information take its time to rearrange itself in my mind.

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask helpless.

"Only your mom could've enlightened you with what would've truly put you at ease Emma..." He says.

"I know..."

"Travis told me that Luke in one way or another felt like a default because of the attention my dad gave me... If ever Luke and I speak, and I explain to him my mother's doings without the whys, say he chooses to let my side of the situation go. How am I ever going to eradicate this feeling that he has?" I ask.

Because it's the only obstacle there is....

"Mr. Kent loved these three boys as if they were his own blood... He never chose anyone over the other. The feeling that Luke has needs to be pushed away and permanently terminated. How? If he truly found himself between the three of you; you, Erik, and Scott. I'm not saying it's as easy as it sounds but, Luke was once an orphan... And when Mr. Kent adopted him he grew confident and safe, but let's not forget that, like all children, every child needs a father and a mother. If ever deprived of one of those... The damage is done and it stays. Until he finds an equivalent, which is not something you can buy with money or find by chance."