Thirty Five

We lay in complete silence.

The usual before bed storm of thoughts reawakens in the insides of my head and I'm taken away.

I'm taken away by my thoughts of this man who claimed a big chunk of my brain and repeatedly manipulated my beating organ in just a matter of days...

And I wonder, is he aware of how so intensely he's always affecting me?

Where was this road going to lead us?

Where was it going to lead me?...

I usually sleep every night throwing off this question into oblivion, but I now turn to my side.

The room was still fairly lit, I could perceive his eyes were closed but I didn't care.

He couldn't have possibly fallen asleep so fast.

"Luke?" I whisper.

His head turns to my direction.

"When are you leaving tomorrow?" I ask him.

"Early in the morning." He answers with a tired voice and I feel a pang of guilt hit me.

I guess I shouldn't have worried his sleep but I just hated the whole idea of him leaving.

And I know that it's only Monday and that he's coming on Wednesday but the time counts.

Every minute counts!

For that, I dare pull myself closer to him, reach for his arm, and with his help, I lift it and place it where my waist demanded it be put.

That's when he catches me off guard by pulling me back, further until I was so engraved into him.

But oh was it ever enough?...

I couldn't breathe, I felt intoxicated by the amount of warmth and longing that gushed through my veins...

My head was positioned right under his chin, if I'd ever turn to my left a very miniature bit, my nose would graze his neck.

I felt like a diminutive futile being, and him; the great mighty white whale who overcame me, providing me my safe refuge.

"I wish I can take you everywhere I go." He whispers in my ear and my heart slams harder.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up.

I wake up because I felt cold.

And because I felt something was missing.

Someone...

Someone was missing.

I jump out of the bed and look around in uneasiness.

My eyes land on his phone and car keys and I sigh in relief.

He did not leave yet.

I make a very quick visit to my bathroom and wash up.

When I leave my room I nearly slam into Erik.

I stifle a curse.

"Emma where were you?" Erik seemed worried.

I look down at my clothes and thank god that I've taken off Luke's shirt when I was washing up.

What could have happened if Erik saw me in his brother's shirt?

My brother's shirt!

"What do you mean?" I ask the same moment Luke steps out of his room in a fresh suit.