Two

Since the elevator was empty, and I had seven flights to travel upwards, I turned to inspect myself in the mirror.

My dark brown hair flowed around my face with its natural tamed waves. My big blue eyes stared back at me as I licked my lips moisturizing them.

I've always hated the fact that my upper lip was slightly thinner than my lower full lip. But I've always loved it when my eyebrows were on fleek, and today, they were. That at least was something I should be grateful for.

I lightly pinch my cheeks wanting more color to flow into them.

The doors slide open and I promptly turn around, ready to step outside.

I heard my under-qualified pair of heels patter against the supercilious well-polished ceramic of my father's company. Being lead to his meeting scope by his picture-perfect secretary.

In a couple of minutes, maybe less, I was going to meet my brothers. This was all that mattered, until I stepped into that room...

"Well played Stewart!" He whispered harshly his back facing me, not noticing my entrance.

"What kind of fraud is this?! Father was incapable of reproducing! May I remind you of this incredibly important piece of information?!" He points a finger to what looks like their father's lawyer and hisses with a stressed jaw. 

Incapable of what?...

"Guys...." One with emerald eyes that go with his hazel mop of well combed hair notices me and clears his throat politely.

Six pair of eyes were now examining me. I felt my eyes water but I blinked them clear repetitively.

"Miss Kent, you're here.... Good. Shall we?"  An emotion of relief passes on the face of what I've learned was the lawyer, named Stewart.

The blonde one scoffs; "Unbelievable".

"Are you for real?! She doesn't even look like him!"  My chest aches.

"Luke!" The hazel guy interferes.

So these-these men-whom I fantasized meeting, thought I was a fraud. Someone their father's lawyer made up and wanted to be there during the disclosure of his will.

"Boys, sit down. Be calm and watch!" Stewart interrupts their stares.

"You too Emma." He smiles at me weakly.

We all take our seats and stare at the projection ahead of us.

----------------------------

"Nonsense!" Luke growls after the video has ended. I wipe some tears off my face. I've really had enough of him trashing around with anger.

"You heard him..." Stewart says calmly.

"I don't understand. Why did he hide her from us? And what does he mean by him not being fair to her?" The one with hazel features inquires; earning an eye roll and a huff from the other one. Luke..

Apparently, my father has given me shares of his company and lands. Worse, a share of his house as well, whom his three sons reside. I was to take my place in the company after I've completed my degree. Meanwhile, my father willed I move in with my brothers. Who still thought it was absurd of him to remember me after all these years and include me in his will.

They still thought I was a fraud. Stewart, the lawyer had explained to me my father's condition. Ever since my parents got separated, my father got sick, and his sickness required treatment that had harsh side effects. One of which made him incapable of being a father for another child. So he adopted these three over grown boys and raised them to keep his family's name and wealth on going. And where was I when all this happened? Why did he give up his only bloodline? And why would he only remember me in his will, not when he was still living? These couple of question killed me, if any life was still remaining in my weak form of a being made that possible.

I wanted to feel less-orphan and more welcomed into this family, but the feeling wasn't mutual.

Luke, Erik, and Scott, were my adopted brothers. And they all resent me, well two of them did. Scott didn't show up at the will disclosure.

"You do understand you have to move in, just until you legally claim your share. Then you're free to go. Even claim your position in any of your father's companies."  Stewart and I were left alone in the massive meeting room that was suffocating me a couple of moments back.

"I do. Thank you." My voice comes out shaky and unstable.

"Emma?" He stops my tracks.

"They're good boys." He says, hopeful.

"I've known them all their lives."

"Grief isn't their thing. Give it some time and call me whenever you need anything." He finishes.

I nod and smile reassuringly.

2 days later....

"Are you-sister?"  The Asian doorman smiles with so much wholesomeness in his face.

"Yes, I-umm... I am The sister.." I nod and he grins wider.

"Boys very sad. Love father-Mr. Kent." His fragments of a sentence were hardly understood through his accent but I loved him already. He was funny and very pure.

"All ready now. Welcome Emma." He placed my bags onto a table by the entrance of my vast room and saw his way out.

"Thank you." I reply after it was too late.

This room-Heavens! 

It's twice as big as my former one. Modern, sleek, and everything seemed to be controlled by remotes and mini buttons that stuck out of the walls. Of course! Kent's residence!

I sigh, relieved that the brothers weren't here to throw curses whenever they met my sight.

"Welcome." I flinch audibly. Speak of the devil...

"I thought-"

"I'm Scott, the youngest." Huh? Youngest?

We shake hands. I'd give him nineteen years, maybe twenty?

"I'm eighteen years old." He smirks. I blush.

"I'm Emma." I smile.

"Uh, I figured." He smiled back.

"So, are we like-related?" I could tell this wasn't easy for him.

"If you do consider us-that." I say.

"I do." He nods.

"My brothers though-"He gestures an unsure thumb.

"I know." I nod sadly.

"They'll have to get used to this I guess." He says.

"I'll leave you to it then." He walks back.

"By the way-" His head appears by the door frame.

"They're not home, they come back at eight." He adds.

I like him already. And damn he doesn't look eighteen. And what's with my father adopting charming young men?!