Forty Seven

LUKE'S POV:

"I won't be long but I really need to say this..."

"Luke I've been thinking a lot, and everytime I dig deeper in thought I realize I owed a lot of people a lot of things."

"My family for instance..." Her voice cracks and she purses her lips to swallow away a sob.

Here we go again...

Her family? Does she even think about her family?!

"My father, he's been diagnosed with cancer..." She says and her voice starts fainting.

I gulp. Was she serious?!

"They found a tumor. He's going away for surgery."

Oh god she is...

"Mother is going with him..."

"I just dropped them to the airport and came here. Luke I've never-" Her voice cracks again and her chest heaves.

"I never paid attention to my father... I never hugged him. I never told him I loved him. My mom I-I felt ashamed of her because she was a typical housewife who spent the whole day in the kitchen. I thought she bored me. God I love them so much and I'm so freaked out right now..." She silently weeps, pressing her palm to her chest.

I want to come close, I want to make her feel better I just couldn't find the right impulse.

"Even Andrea, my only sister..." She whispers.

"I came over here and I apologized, I told her that I want us to be close again just like we used to three years back..."

She stops speaking and regulates her breath intakes.

"And then I realize, this is not the life I'm supposed to live. I do not have a life..." She speaks with her wound up vocals.

And I dare to start walking towards her.

I pull her up and keep her close.

She trembles in my embrace and only then do I feel sorry for her. She finally woke up and saw the world around her with the right eye! It had to be painful for her. Taken she lived in a massive superficial bubble.

Life is not all pink and the sky is not always blue and you certainly can't miss out or skip life's hardships.

She deserves all the pain she's about to go through from now on.
But I couldn't tell her that...

"Everything's going to be okay..." I whisper and gently rock her in my embrace.

Soothing her hair between my fingers.

"What am I supposed to do?" She looks up at me with mournful damp eyes.

"I think you know what you have to do. You've already done a big part of it..." I tell her and hope that'll set her mind right and help her calm down.

She nods.

I wiped her tears with my thumb and she soon takes a step back and wipes her nose with the back of her hand.

"Thank you Luke..." She tip toes and places a hasty soft kiss on my right cheek.

She momentarily loses balance and stumbles forward and I reach for her arms to anchor her.

She lifts her face and our eyes meet for a moment.

She gulps and I do too.

She smiles genuinely and I smile back before letting go of her arms.