Twenty Four [Part Two]

"Cranky early bird...." I whisper as I approach him.

He glances at me then continues typing something on his phone.

He's all dressed up in black Adidas sportswear. That one's a plus, to the dark blue jeans and black Tshirts of his...

"Going for a run?" I ask as I pour myself a glass of water.

"Umhum..." He nods, still staring at his damn screen.

"Can I come with?" I politely ask.

He throws me an unsure look.

"Travis will be here in a while; don't you want to wait him up?" He asks with a different tone.

"He'll still be here when we come back..." I shrug.

"I'm going to get dressed, don't go anywhere." I announce.

I wasn't going to wait for him to say yes. Yes isn't in Luke Kent's dictionary.

I jog up the stairs and into my room.

Too bad, I don't have any fancy Adidas or any fancy sportswear at that matter.

I squeeze into my black leggings, put on a loose crème hood jumper, and my black Nike sport shoes, which were the closest thing I had to fancy.

I had nothing on me, just a rubber band which I was later going to use for my hair. Meanwhile, I let it fall down my shoulder with its voluminous locks.

"I'm ready!" I announce when I reach the bottom of the stairs.

I look around but Luke was nowhere to be found.

A pang of humiliation hits me.

I swallow a lump but it stops midway when I flinch at the sound of two impatient honks coming from outside.

I gain some of my common sense and hurry out the front door. There he was waiting for me in his Mercedes.

"I thought you left..." I sigh when I got inside the car.

"You fixed your car!" I remark.

"Yeah..." He nods.

"Your baby..." I mutter before silently chuckling at the memory.

"What?" He asks and frowns at me.

"Your baby, isn't that what you call it?" I say and narrow down a smile.

"What exactly is it?" He says but I know he's playing dumb.

"You called your Mercedes baby when you got it driving into the wall while you were drunk." I summarize.

He faintly smiles.

"It is my baby..." He smirks and pulls the hand break.

I look around us before emerging from the car.

We were at a huge green field with a circular walking route that was a thousand meters long.

A good number of individuals were already jogging, running, and even walking in a slow pace.

The aura felt energetic.

"Shall we?" He pulls me out of my reverie.

I motion a finger for him and hurriedly restrain my hair in a high ponytail.

We start walking at a moderate pace.

"So what do you do? Jog or run?" I ask. He looks down at me.

"Jog." He answers.

"Umm-the entire distance?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says.