Five

Electives are the best classes you would ever attend. One, they're your choice. Two, you choosing them, makes them a little more appealing. Three, they're brief, and straight to the nitty-gritty.

I have an article to write, a presentation to practice presenting, and several tests that need a few practice, and I'd be done. One week off before the final submission. One semester would be down and three to go.

These past five days were peaceful. Except for a few awkward accidents, like me unintentionally barging in on Scott and his girlfriend in the game room, while they were intensely kissing, and Erik driving me in the middle of the night to the closest pharmacy for a tampon run...  That aside, in these past five days, I might have interacted with Scott and Erik a maximum of three to four times.  Luke, zero.... They really weren't around much, and Luke, at all...

But, I've made twice that number of interaction with Micah and Rosa. They're beautiful people. Asian couple who fell in love, ran away together, and worked abroad at a restaurant that my father visited in the opening, and that was how they met him. After the restaurant shut down due to financial crisis, my father offered them to become our house keepers and they gladly accepted. They've been here for 17 years now.

Micah mentioned hilarious stories about raising the three boys, what they went through, and how happy they were. Rosa hesitated mentioning something to me, but Micah soon followed and told me that my father used to speak about me to him and Rosa, and that he had a picture of me in his office here and at work. He said he loved me so much and that he messed up......

Today, they were all home. Yes, including Luke, who was locked in his room with some soft music playing from inside. What a mood he's in...

I brush my hair with my fingers soothing its tangles, letting it hang down my shoulder.

"Breath in, and out. Be friendly." I smile as I check myself out in the mirror.

I'm wearing high waist dark blue jeans, folded several times above the ankles and a loose white tank top.

As I head down stairs I hear some noise coming from the game room and for a second, I hesitate barging in. I might interrupt their fun and we end up sitting in awkward silence.

"Just going to say hi..." I force my feet to move.

"You little-You did not!" That's Erik's voice.

"Did to!" Scott says with pride. I mentally slap myself for eavesdropping.

"And what did she say?" Erik speaks. It's a she? Interesting...

"Eavesdropping is disrespectful Earnest..."

Shit! I curse under my breath, my heart beats wildly. Earnest? Did he just call me by my mother's family name?

All eyes were on me now.

"Come in Emma..." Scott smiles. I smile back and enter.

Luke has disappeared after making sure I'm embarrassed at my best.

Erik continued playing with a smirk on his face, and of course, awkward silence...

I inspected the room as if it was my first time in here. Erik and Scott were in comfy clothes, seated on the plush couches and playing some slaughter game on split screens, each with a sniper aimed ahead of them on the screen.

"What are you playing?" I whisper as I sit on the seat next to Erik's.

"Counterstrike. Whoever finds and kills the other first wins. The loser tells the other a secret. That's our special addition to it." He winks.