Playdate

~~~~Airis~~~~

I was hanging out with Ms. Aphmau and Mr. Aaron in Ms. Aphmau's room. Mr. Aaron had been coming over to the house almost all the time now, not that I was complaining. I loved having Mr. Aaron over, he was always so nice to me.

Actually, he reminded me a lot of Papa. They were so similar that it was almost scary. If only Mr. Aaron had darker skin and a different colored right eye, then he really would've looked like Papa.

And that feeling I got from him....

My thoughts were cut when I heard my stomach growling. It was loud enough for Mr. Aaron and Ms. Aphmau to hear. They turned towards me and smiled at my cheeks that blushed in embarrassment.

"Airis, are you getting hungry?" Mr. Aaron asked. I nodded shyly.

"Well then, why don't you go downstairs and get a snack. I'm sure we have some cookies left over from Kawaii~chan's last baking session." Ms. Aphmau said.

I smiled and nodded before grabbing my notebook and heading downstairs to the kitchen to get a snack. I eventually found the cookies in the jar on one of the counters, but being a five year old girl, I was much too short. So, I found the stool and got to the cookie jar, taking two cookies, but before I could take a bite out of one of the cookies, I heard the doorbell ring.

I heard heavy footsteps running down the stairs and the front door opening. I went to go see what was happening and saw Ms. Katelyn talking to Mr. Jeffory at the door. But he wasn't alone. There a little girl standing by his side. She looked to be about my age, maybe a year or two older. Her hair was a light chestnut color and her eyes were a minty green. She dressed casually, wearing a pair of blue overalls and a pink and white long-sleeved shirt.

"Ah, Katelyn!" Mr. Jeffory said, "I think your doorbell is busted or something. It's an emergency and I'm calling in a favor right now."

"Right now?!" Ms. Katelyn asked sounding very stressed and shocked.

"Right now, right now. Remember that place I applied to? Well, a position just opened up and they want to interview me right now. They're taking the applicant as readily available, so if I miss this, there may not be another chance. Can you watch Abby here for a few hours?"

"B-b-but Jeffory, I can't! I have a test a-"

"Ah, thanks Katelyn. I always knew that I could count on you." Mr. Jeffory said, cutting Ms. Katelyn off before she explain anything to him.

"Talk to you later." He looked dowm at the little girl, now known to me as Abby, "Take care and be good my sweet little angel. I love you."

"Yay! Auntie Katelyn!" Abby said running into the house.

I immediately grew nervous, as this was the first time in a while that I had met a kid around my age. I simply hid around the corner in the dining room.

"Hey, who's the kid?" Mr. Travis asked coming down the stairs. Why he was up there.... I had an idea.

"Ah! Stranger danger!" Abby shouted.

"Abby, it's okay. That's Travis. He's Auntie Katelyn's friend." Ms. Katelyn assured and calmed the little girl, "Travis, this is Abby, Jeffory's daughter."

"Hmmm, he must be old for his hair to be white." Abby said.

I almost scoffed. White didn't mean old age. I had a few streaks of white in my hair and I'm five.

"Wh-Wha-" Mr. Travis said, clearing his throat, "I'll have you know that this is my natural hair color, thank you. Even Airis has white hair in all that blue and silver."