Don't Tell Mom PT. 1

~~~~Airis~~~~

I sat on the bed petting Celestia while watching Ms. Aphmau fix the bedroom door. It had been broken by Mr. Garroth a while ago and she hadn't fixed it until now.

"My Master works too hard. She has barely been able to take me on walks with Master Aaron." Celestia said, whimpering in my arms while laying on my lap.

I smiled and stroked Celestia's soft fur, knowing that Ms. Aphmau works hard, but that's just how she is. I've known her for only a few months, but it was clear she wanted to help others more than herself.

I had offered to fix the door, but Ms. Aphmau said that she didn't want to rely on fixing things, since I was so young. But just because I was young doesn't mean I was helpless. I survived being on the run for a while, so I can survive using magic from time to time.

But for some reason, I felt like something was going to happen really soon.

"There." Ms. Aphmau sighed, finally fixing the door, "My door's all repaired. Man, that took a while. It would really such if someone with their crazy strength came and knocked down this door that took me hours upon hours to repair."

I didn't know if she was being serious, or if she was trying to jinx another door. But, nothing happened and she sighed in relief.

"Hmmm, well, looks like we're in the clear, Airis." I clapped smiling at the clear warning. But just then, I felt a presence outside the window. Ms. Aphmau had really jinxed something breaking in the house.

I grabbed the blanket from the bed and covered me and Celestia. It was just in time as thw window broke and glass flew everywhere.

"APHMAU!" A voice shouted from the now broken window.

"GARROTH! HOW DID YOU EVEN-"

"There was a ladder in the garage." Another voice shouted. I recognized them as Mr. Garroth and Mr. Vylad.

"Oh, okay, but did you really have to break down the window. I mean... seriously!? Wait, where's Airis!" Ms. Aphmua screamed.

I carefully removed the blanket from over my head and let Celestia run around on the floor, but being sure that no glass was near me.

"Oh my Irene! Airis, I didn't see you there! We didn't scared you, did we?" Mr. Vylad asked. I shook my head and stayed on the bed, making a mental reminder to fix the window later.

"Aphmau, there's no time!" Mr. Garroth said, "Listen, what we're about to tell you is more shocking than me breaking your window."

"What could possibly be more shocking than you and Vylad stealing my ladder and breaking my window?"

"They want you and I to pretend to date for our mom!" Mr. Zane shouted from the window then climbed inside the room.

Ms. Aphmau laughed, "I'm sorry, my ears must still be ringing from the sound of breaking glass. What did you say?"

"They want us... to pretend... to date each other...  Our Mom is coming to visit today and they're too chicken to tell her that you and I aren't dating."

Mr. Zane picked me up off the glass covered bed and walked me over to the corner where there was no glass. Thankfully, my sheos were there as well.

"WHOA, HOLD UP!"

"WE AREN'T CHICKEN ZANE!"

"REALLY!? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IS SOUNDS LIKE TO ME!"

"EXCUSE ME!?"

"WE ARE NOT CHICKEN!"

Mr. Zane insulted his brothers by clucking like a chicken.

"Fine! If you're so confident then why don't you call Mom and tell her yourself that you and Aphmau aren't dating." Mr. Vylad said.