Stuck in the Snow

Aphmau, Aaron and Airis stood in the dark cold cave as the snow storm raged outside. Airis looked up at her father to see that his skin was turning blue and his body was shaking more than her and her mother. She didn't want him to be cold, but she also knew that even if she tried to push off the jacket back to Aaron he would just give it back to her.

And because she was too cold herself, she didn't have the strength to use her magic. It would use far too much strength, and she needed it to help her family.

"W-We need to get out of here..." Aphmau shivered terribly, "Or find a way to make a fire... or anything."

"Y-Yeah." Aaron replied.

Airis let go of her mother and father before running to entrance to the cave.

"Hello?!" She shouted, "Is anyone there? Please! We need help!"

Unfortunately, her cries were left unanswered, left behind in the harsh winds that blew outside.

"Aaron!" Aphmau gasped, seeing Aaron's skin turn a darker shade of blue, "Please hold on!"

Airis ran back to her father and held him close, "Please, Papa. Just hang in there for a little longer! We can get through this. Just stay strong."

Aaron tried his best to give his daughter a smile, but all he could do was nod, thinking that somehow that could assure that he would be okay. But Airis knew he was faking this strength, she could see his weakness and he wouldn't last long without his jacket.

"A-Aaron?" Aphmau said, "I know it's dangerous... But I think.... I need to go out and get help."

"No." Aaron said weakly.

"Mama, you can't go out there!" Airis said in fear.

Aphmau knelt down in front of Airis and took her hands in hers, "I-it's dangerous... So that's why, I want you to s-stay here with Aaron. We won't survive long if we don't..."

Just then, they heard a loud thud behind them. The two turned around to see Aaron lying on the ground unconscious.

"A-AARON!" Aphmau screamed.

"PAPA!" Airis shouted, touching his arm, "Mama, he's ice cold!"

"Aaron! Aaron, wake up! Aaron! AARON!"

Airis panicked, not knowing what to do as memories of her mother and father lying in the cold snow came rushing through her mind. It made her breathing faster, her body shaking even harder, and not from the cold.

"Airis!" Aphmau shouted when she noticed her daughter panicking. She quickly held Airis close to her body and hugged her tightly, rubbing her back to ease the panic in her body.

"Airis, breathe, sweetie, breathe. It's all gonna be okay." Aphmau tried to reassure, "It's all gonna be okay, I promise. We are not going to be lost here for much longer."

"B-But Papa.... He's cold.... He's blue... I don't wanna lose another Papa." Airis cried.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna let us freeze so easily." Aphmau pushed Aaron to sit upright and leaned him against the wall, "Aaron's still breathing, that's a good sign, but there's something I can do to help him get better."

Aphmau took Aaron's jacket off from her shoulders and laid it over Airis and Aaron.

"Mama?" Airis questioned, "What are you doing?"

"I'm just gonna go out to find things to make a fire. I promise I won't be gone for long. Just stay here with Aaron, okay? Don't leave Papa's side not matter what happens."

Aphmau gave Airis a smile before shuffling to the entrance to the cave and leaving the two behind. But Airis couldn't relax, she didn't know what may be out there, especially with the wolves following such a horrible Alpha. The Alpha could order the wolves to hurt her, or worse.