Heading Home pt. 1

It had been a wonderful and fun summer vacation, along with a few mishaps and jealous moment from Aaron. An incident with Aphmau being transformed into a purple puppy, and plenty of times that Airis got in trouble for eating far too many strawberry puffs with Eric. But the vacation was filled with plenty of smiles and lots of laughs.

Sadly, the summer vacation was over, and the group of friends had to go back home. But the way back would be on a cruise ship, to which everyone was excited to board and have fun on the trip back home.

Airis was zipping up her bag upstairs, finished packing everything she needed for the trip back home, while Aphmau was finishing up her packing with Katelyn.

"Got everything?" Katelyn asked Aphmau.

"Yep!" Aphmau answered, "Just gotta pack up a few extra clothes and my wolf plush, and I'm ready!"

Airis smiled and ran up to the wolf plush Aphmau had brought along. Since they've been on the island , Airis slept with the plush as a comfort. It made her feel safe since Airis wanted to learn how to sleep without Aphmau with her in the bed.

"Sounds awesome." Katelyn said, then recognized the plush Airis was now cuddling, "Huh? Hey, I remember that thing! You've had it since high school."

"Ah, oh yeah. I have!" Aphmau asked.

"You even brought that to college, too. Never did tell me where you got it."

"Oh... uh... Yeah! It's a long story between me and Aaron." Aphmau answered, "But it looks like Airis took a liking to it a lot."

"Hmm, another time then." Katelyn said, "You know, I was always jealous of you and him in high school."

"Because you had a thing for me back then?" Aphmau teased.

"Haha. Stop you! You're more of a little sister to me these days than anything."

"Ahhh, but college was a different story! Aye?"

"Ugh! It's just weird thinking about that stuff with our parents DATING now." Katelyn groaned.

"UUUUUGH! I know what you mean!" Aphmau groaned while Airis laughed, "But if it's worth anything, you've changed a lot, Katelyn."

"In some ways."

"Still having problems letting people get close?"

"Yep. I guess that's why I envied you and Aaron a lot back in high school. He was a lot like me, being stand offish, and I never understood how he opened up to be more calm."

"Well, he still has his moments. Not everyone is perfect Katelyn."

"Exactly." Airis wrote, finally bringing herself in to the conversation.

"Pfft! Yeah, except your two. You guys are the main characters." Katelyn joked, making Airis and Aphmau laugh.

"This isn't some episodic sitcom. This is life." Aphmau said, "I only seem perfect to you, but I have my faults, too. I mean, I was a mess back in high school."

"And I have a lot of problems, too." Is what Airis wanted to write down, but she didn't want to answer any questions about what she wrote down meant.

Suddenly, Guyde appeared behind they couch they were all sitting on.

"Everyone's a mess!" He said, "But all it takes is some beautiful flowers to make it all alright."

"Where did you come from?!" Katelyn said.

"He poofed! I miss that trick!" Aphmau shouted.

"Oh, calm down girlfriend. I've had a busy summer myself. So, are you ladies all set up to board the cruise ship? I'm here to whisk you away!"