Wedding Bells

Aphmau and Airis sat on the couch looking through pictures and pictures of wedding venues, dresses and flowers. Although Airis didn't understand the process completely, she was happy and excited to help her mother plan the wedding. She never attended a wedding, much less help plan one, and from the stories about her parents' wedding, Airis wanted to help with even the smallest details.

"Jeez, so much to do to plan a wedding." Aphmau sighed, "I haven't even really had a chance to look at anything. I've been making a list of the lists of things I'm going to need for the wedding."

"Let's just take a breath, Mama." Airis suggested, "There's a lot, but there's no rush." The little girl reached down to the coffee table and picked up a bridal magazine, "Why don't we start with the dress? It'll help bring the venue together."

Aphmau's eyes sparkled with the idea of looking at more dresses, but then shook her head to rid the thought.

"Nope! Not right now, Airis, I have to be diligent. I want to make sure that when Aaron starts to plan with me, he doesn't have anything to worry about."

"Okay, Mama, I get it." Airis smiled and sat back down while looking down at one of the bridal magazines. She was stunned to see so many different designs and colors for things in a wedding, from the gowns, to the bridesmaid dresses to the flowers. It was almost a little overwhelming to say the least.

"This is such an exciting time for you and your family, Airis. Your first ever wedding, and your parent's wedding nonetheless." The voice said happily.

"I know, this will be amazing. I just wish I knew what to do." Airis replied, "Say, what did Mama and Papa do for their wedding?"

"Well, your mother and father didn't exactly have a proper wedding. Your mother and father dressed up in their finest clothes, which they had to make by hand, and stood at the edge of the lake underneath a beautiful full moon. They prayed to the Gods and Goddesses for their wisdom and protection. Then they made their promises to each other to remain faithful and to always protect each other until the day that their souls departed from this world. They sealed their vows with a kiss and they've been together ever since."

Airis grinned at the story. True, she had heard the story before, but hearing it again made her heart flutter. Maybe one day she would have a beautiful wedding, that is if her family allowed her to. They were very protective over Airis, after all. It would be difficult to get a boyfriend, much less get married.

Ignoring her own future dreams and planning, Airis suddenly sensed several people sneaking around. And all of them she knew quite well. She got off the couch, grabbed Aphmau's hand and pulled her down a little.

"Hmm? Airis, what's wrong?" Aphmau asked confused by her daughter's behavior.

"Mama, I suggest you brace yourself. We have guests."

"Guests?" And then, as if on cue, a group of crazed people came rushing into the living room. People who love Aphmau and Airis dearly, but pushed aside their ideals of letting Aphmau do this on her own to get their own word in.

A group of women who were destined to make this even more chaotic and stressful than it already was.

The mother: Sylvanna.

And the close friends: Kawaii~Chan. Lucinda. And Kim.

They all walked into the room and stood in front of the two, wide, almost forced grins stretched across their faces that made even Airis feel uncomfortable.

"What are they doing here?" Aphmau whispered.

"Most likely for the wedding planning, Mama. Arm yourself." Airis whispered back.