Holiday Magic

Christmas music was playing all around in the house, spreading a sense of cheer as Airis helped her family decorate the tree they had gotten the other day. It was so nice to be spending time with the family she didn't know, even if they were always on calls with the family business.

She wanted to spend more time with Aaron's parents, but it was very awkward for her to try and bond with them, especially with Aaron's father. He was very wary of her since their talk at the tree farm, constantly thinking about what he heard her say about not only his son, but about himself. Instead of asking her more about what she meant, he stayed away from her for a time until he could just get a clue on his own about what she was saying.

Truthfully, he wanted to know more, but he didn't know what to really ask about her. Her past? Her biological parents? The way she spoke about secrets? 

So many questions that were pushed back by his stern facade.

Meanwhile, in the living room Airis was helping Aaron, Aphmau and Melissa decorate the tree, her hands full of shiny silver tinsel, ready to be thrown onto the tree's branches when she was given the signal.

"Can I put the tinsel on the tree now, Papa?" She asked excitedly.

"Not yet, Airis." Aaron chuckled at her excitement, "We still gotta put on the last few ornaments, then we can put on the tinsel."

"And then you can put on the star!" Aphmau said.

"Really!? I can put the star on top?"

"Of course, why not?" Melissa chuckled, kneeling down to her height and cuddling the little girl with so much love.

During their time at the house, Melissa had grown even more fond of Aaron's little girl. A sweet little girl that was always smiling when with her family, never giving a frown or letting the good mood fall away.

"How are those popcorn decorations going?" Aphmau asked Sylvanna and Rachel, who sat on the couch as they made chains of popcorn on strings.

"Oh, just great!" Sylvanna exclaimed with a smile.

"It would be going a lot faster if someone wasn't EATING as we made them..." Rachel said glaring at Sylvanna.

"Heheheh..." Aphmau chuckled at her mother growling in response to Rachel's glare, "Hmm... Hey, Melissa, where did your dad go? He was just in here helping us a few minutes ago?"

"He had to take a business call." Melissa answered, "He's in the kitchen."

"Figures..." Aaron groaned.

"Well, even companies like ours have to work during the holidays. You know it's rare Mom and Dad get days off." Melissa tried to excuse, but Aaron was still upset over the fact that his father was taking the business over his family.

Even Airis was a little disappointed with his absence, and Aphmau could tell just from a glance.

"I'm going to talk to him!" Aphmau claimed.

"You shouldn't interrupt him." Melissa said.

"Aph--"

"He can get really angry when interrupted during a business deal."

"I won't interrupted him, I'm just gonna remind him about holiday magic! Now, be right back. You guys keep decorating." Aphmau said and then began running over to the kitchen. Airis, wanting to join her mother, dropped the tinsel back in its box and raced after her.

As soon as they came into the kitchen, they could hear Derek talking loudly over the phone.

"What do you mean they're trying to back out of the deal?" He asked the other person on the other side of the phone, "Well, you get that deal back! I don't care if it takes ten hours of us being on the phone! We're going to work through this!"