Choose...

Airis couldn't believe her ears. Her mother wanted to be a werewolf? And she wanted Aaron to turn her into one? 

It was too much to comprehend. Sure, Aphmau being a werewolf would be a good thing, but what would that change about her besides her appearance? Would her personality change? Would she be even more confused than she already was? What kind of side effects could come with this change?

"I told you it was a terrible question." Aphmau cried while Aaron just looked shocked at the question, "I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry."

"I was the one who asked you to be open with me." Aaron said, "But... I wasn't expecting that."

"Mama? Papa?" Airis called from the stairs, gaining their attention.

"Airis!" Aaron exclaimed, "When did you..."

"A few minutes ago. I... I heard what Mama wanted to ask you." Airis said sadly.

"Airis.." Aphmau gasped, "I didn't mean for you to hear all that."

"It's okay." Airis walked down the stairs and stood in between her parents, "I want to hear. Please? It's okay to talk, right Papa?"

Aaron nodded, "Airis is right. I'm not mad about this this, it's just that I'm... a bit shocked."

"I'm sorry." Aphmau apologized again, "I... I wasn't comfortable being so forward about it. Because it's... it's been something that's been on my mind for a while."

"Well, then let's talk about it." Aaron said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, if it's been on your mind. Let's sit down." Aaron looked down at Airis, "Will you join us? I think this is a whole family matter."

Airis nodded and grabbed both of their hands, leading them to the couch nearby. All three were nervous to the bone, unsure what this conversation may bring for them. It may either bring them closer together, or spread them apart. Either way, it needed to be talked about to move forward.

After the three of them got settled on the couch, the hard questions began.

"I... I don't even know where to begin." Aphmau started.

"Let's start with why you're thinking about this." Aaron said.

"Being a werewolf isn't something thought about overnight, Mama." Airis added.

"Aaron, we've been together since high school. Maybe not in a relationship the whole time, but still... we've been very close. Throughout everything, you've helped me grow into the strong person that I am. And when Airis came around, you helped me and her grow into a loving family filled with kindness and trust. When I found out more about you, Aaron, it didn't matter to me. I still loved you the same. To this day, I still do, and always will. The same goes for you, Airis. I loved you as my daughter before all this happened and I will always love you as my daughter. But I do a lot of things wrong in our relationship, both as a girlfriend and as a mother. I don't wake up early. I hog the entire bed all night. I ask you to participate in things you may not like. I'm not always there when you have a bad dream, or pick up on things that make you uncomfortable. I'm also very competitive with you. Lately, I've been very forgetful of your feelings, of both of your feelings. I say things that I don't realize hurt you, and now, I'm asking you this question Aaron. And I've even brought Airis into things that she shouldn't have to worry about as a kid."

Airis couldn't stand to see the look of sadness in her mother's eyes. It was a hard pill to swallow for both her and Aaron. The idea of Aphmau transforming into a werewolf, and her confessing these things to them... it was a lot to process.