I've Missed You

Airis looked outside at the beautiful green forest outside her window, there were even iris flowers growing outside which made her smile even more. She had picked a few of them earlier that day before dawn, placing them in a small vase that Melissa gave her back in February.

Ever since New Year's Day, Airis continued to work hard on her recovery, while also helping Aaron with his while he slept. Though, now that Aaron was getting stronger, she didn't have to lay with him to heal every night. She only asked to be in the house with Aaron while he slept for a couple of nights a week. Since the beginning of spring, Airis no longer slept with Aaron convinced that he was strong enough to heal the rest of his injuries on his own especially with his physical therapy going to well.

Airis was doing well in her physical therapy, pushing herself well enough to get better, but not enough to push her back into a corner and delay her progress. It also helped that her magic was growing stronger and the more powerful her magic was, the faster her body would heal on its own. After all, children can bounce back quickly, especially Airis who had bounced back after all the horrifying things that she went through.

But now, it was the beginning of Summer. It was almost time for finally see her parents once again.

She sighed, thinking about the days she would spend with her mother and father as soon as she was able to see them. Airis sat down on the bed and covered herself with Aaron's blanket before reading her mother's book.

"Is there something interesting in the pages today?" Yukisa asked as she lay on her master's leg.

Airis nodded, "Depending on the amount of magic I push through my fingers, the pages change their words and pictures. I can't believe I didn't notice this before, Mama never told me about these kind of secrets in the book."

"Your mother was quite protective of her family's secrets. I'm sure that she would've told you about them when you were ready, but for now, you have to learn about these secrets on your own."

"I know, I know. But there is something interesting that I found in this book."

Airis turned to a page that depicted a woman dressed in white and looked as if she was praying. There was also a wolf howling behind her but with sad eyes, as if the wolf was crying for this woman in white. Or they were crying for much different reasons.

"Is that her? The woman from your dreams?" Yukisa asked.

Airis nodded, "That's right, it's her. But why is she there in this book?"

"Perhaps there is more to this woman than meets the eye."

Airis and Yukisa were about to continue reading the book, when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Airis called out closing he book. The door opened and Rachel and Melissa came in with big smiles on their faces.

"Auntie Melissa? Grandma Rachel? Is everything all right?" She asked.

"Everything is going to be amazing!" Melissa said.

"Do you know what today is?" Rachel asked. 

Airis smiled and nodded, "It's the day I can finally go to Starlight Wonderland and see Mama and Papa!"

"That's right!" Melissa and Rachel laughed. Airis jumped from her bed and landed in their arms, the three of them hugging each other tightly. Melissa and Rachel had been waiting to tell the girl the news since Derek and Aaron left for Starlight Wonderland a few days ago, and Airis' reaction to the news was everything they thought it would be.

"So, are you all packed and ready to go?" Rachel asked as the two let Airis go.

Airis nodded, rushing to the corner of the room where her suitcase had been packed for over three days, ready to go. She ran to her bed and picked up her mother's book before carefully placing it into the suitcase.