Cooking Chaos

Aphmau and Airis took each other's hands as they walked out of the house to meet Melissa in front of their yard, waiting for everyone who wanted to participate in 'The Diamond Chef' cooking competition.

"All right, contestants, listen up." Melissa shouted across the street to the others, "The limo will be here any minute to take us to the recording studio. Be sure you have everything you need."

"Melissa?" Aphmau questioned nervously, "Are you... SURE this is a good idea?"

"Of course!" Melissa smiled excitedly, "Why wouldn't putting six normal people on a competitive cooking show not be good?"

The answer was in exactly what she said, but neither Aphmau or Airis would say against it.

"Also, what's with the sudden doubt? You were all for this yesterday."

"Yeah, but that was before I realized that we were getting in a limo." Aphmau said.

"You've never been in one?" Melissa asked.

"I've barely been in a car. And a limo sounds really fancy." Airis said.

"Bu-but that's not the point!" Aphmau shouted, "None of us are cooking experts! What if we make fools of ourselves on live TV?"

Melissa laughed, "Oh, Aphmau! First off, it's not going to be live, so, no need to worry about that!"

"Really, we're not gonna be on live TV?" Airis asked.

"That's right. And second, you don't have to be experts in order to get on TV. The genre is called "Reality" and there's a huge fan base around it."

Aphmau sighed unsurely, but she did agree to do it. Unlike Aphmau, who was unsure about it all, Airis was actually really excited. She had never been to a TV studio, and she always wanted to see more and experience as much as she could.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." Melissa assured, "You got a sweet smile and a great personality. You'll be a hit! And if you're worried about Airis being in the way of anything, she'll be with me most of the time so she doesn't accidently get hurt in the kitchen area during the recordings."

"Thanks, Melissa, but what if nobody likes me? And how do you know that I have a great personality? We haven't hung out that long."

"Don't worry, Aphmau, you have an amazing personality!" Airis beamed at Aphmau, "You'll be great."

Melissa took Aphmau from Airis and picked her up before hugging her tightly, "Oh, what a little sweetie you are! If you can't believe that what she says is true, then you can't believe anything!"

Airis smiled and hugged Melissa back, enjoying having Aaron's older sister hugging her like she was part of the family. Airis could clearly see that her soul was warm and inviting, but she could see so many cracks that are trying to repair themselves. And like her nature had made her, Airis wanted to fix those cracks.

"Plus, your friends like you and they're all here!" Melissa said breaking Airis from her thoughts, "Not to mention your... boyfriend and daughter."

"Grrrr." Aphmau growled, "That's even worse! What if I make a fool out of myself in front of Aaron and Airis?"

"You're cute." Melissa giggled, "You really like him, huh?"

"More than that." Aphmau answered right away.

"Do you want to have kids with him? You know, give Airis some little brothers and sisters?"

Aphmau's face turned so red that it looked like her cheeks were on fire, "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!"