Halloween Party!

The sun was slowly going down, the dusk sky dying the the world in a soft orange glow. It was Hallow's Eve, a night filled with spooks, frights and treats. It was also a very special holiday for those who studied the magical arts.

Lucinda smiled as she used her magic to decorate the entire neighborhood in pumpkin and halloween themed lights.

"Oh, this is so much fun!" She happily cackled.

"Wow!" Aphmau shouted in amazement as she walked up to the house with Airis in her arms, "Lucinda!"

"Amazing decorations? I know, right!" Lucinda said, "Oh! Girl, you don't have to tell me twice!"

"Auntie, this place looks great!" Airis said, "I can't wait for dark! It's gonna be so much fun tonight!"

"That, too. But... what I was really getting at was the fact that you're actually awake this early." Aphmau added.

"I can't help it! As it's getting close to Hallow's Eve, and I'm so full of energy for it. You feel the same way, right Airis?"

Airis smiled and nodded, "Yeah, and there's gonna be a full moon tonight, too! That makes it even better!"

"I know right?! That's why I've decided to conjure a ton of amazing decorations for the neighborhood Halloween party tonight."

"Man. That's pretty cool. Being a witch must have its perks." Aphmau sighed.

"Ah, sometimes. It's not all glitz and glamour, I'll tell you that." Lucinda answered, "But I do make it look good."

"You sure do, Auntie!" Airis cheered.

Aphmau sighed, "Man, I envy you, Lucinda. You've got such an exciting life. Plus, you're just beautiful!"

"Aphmau, stop!" Lucinda scoffed and giggled at the compliment, "So... tell me, what do you want?"

"Want?" Aphmau giggled, "I don't want anything. Can't I compliment you on your beauty once in a while?"

"No, seriously. What do you want?" Lucinda deadpanned.

Aphmau groaned after being caught, "Ugh! Fine, you caught me. I'll tell you what I want. What I really, really want."

"So, tell me what you want, what you really really want." Lucinda said.

"I want.... nothing."

"What?"

"Aphmau was being serious, Auntie. You need to get out of the house and hang out with us a little more." Airis said laughing with Lucinda.

"I know, I know. It's just, I've been so busy with my potion shop. It's only open during the night hours. Hence the reason why I'm a night owl. Soooooo... These decorations, while perfect, might be a little off in something in a small way."

"I see." Aphmau answered, "Well, even so, these decorations look amazing!"

"Oh, thank you."

"Aw, but now I don't get to decorate anything." Aphmau pouted.

"Ah... here." Lucinda reached into her pocket and pulled out a bunch of pumpkin spiders, "You can set up the table with these pumpkin spiders."

"YOU'RE THE BEST, LUCINDA!" Aphmau screeched for joy taking the pumpkin spiders in her hand, "Airis, you wanna help me?"

Airis shook her head and reached her arms over to Lucinda, who took the little girl from Aphmau, "Is it okay if I hang out with Auntie Lucy tonight?"

"If it's okay with Lucinda." Aphmau said.