Scars

The snow was falling all around her. The delicate white blossoms of snowflakes falling on top of her small nose, making the young girl smile from the frigid cold. She never disliked the cold, in fact, she longed for the winter time. Just for the chance to play in the soft snowfall.

"Airis." A soft voice called for her. Airis turned around with a big smile upon seeing her mother and father with Yukisa standing beside them.

Her mother, her long blue hair flowing down her back like the calm waters of the rivers Airis loved to splash around in in the spring and summer months. The woman's sectoral heterochromatic eyes matching Airis' right eye, standing out with her lightly tanned skin and long white gown that matched the clean snow. She smiled at Airis softly with so much kindness that it could light up the darkness of that night sky.

Airis looked over at the man standing next to her mother, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Airis' father, a strong man that held nothing but pride and love for his loving wife and beautiful little girl. His black hair was streaked with subtle strands of silver and crimson red, the same red that his eyes held when using his power. The same power that Airis held within her. His skin was dark like hers, and under his long sleeved white shirt was the same mark that she wore on her left arm, but instead he had it on his right arm.

"Airis, my little flower." Her father said, "It's time to go."

Airis happily walked over to them, but then, she was paralyzed with fear. On their white clothes was red, a small red dot that slowly grew larger and larger with the passing moment.

Her parents once smiling faces contorted to pain filled expressions, as they fell to the snow covered ground.

"Mama! Papa!" Airis screamed, but her body wouldn't move. Then, there was a soft laughter ringing through the air. Airis looked away from her parents still bodies and looked up to see those horrifying eyes. Those glowing green eyes that never allowed her to feel safe or at peace. The ones always in her nightmares.

"Why did you.." Airis croaked out through her tears. But with the glowing eyes came a bright smile, one filled with viciousness and malice.

The footsteps of the stranger echoed as they came closer to her. Just as they stepped close enough for her to see them in the moonlight, the moon disappeared with the dark night sky. The sky became filled with daylight and the sun shone brightly over the once shadowed figure.

It wasn't the one she thought it was. He had dark blue hair with werewolf ears and a tail. A sinister smile was on his face as he looked at Airis, blood on his hands and bruises on his face.

Airis looked back down at her parents' figures, but instead of seeing her mother and father, it was only Aaron, broken and battered with bandages soaked with blood.

"Enough!" Airis shouted, holding up her staff with the glowing crimson red stone on top. She fired her magic at Ein, but he jumped and dodged each attack. Just then, Aaron came in and tried to attack Ein, but Ein flipped and landed behind Aaron. He punched Aaron far into a nearby tree and punched him over and over again.

"Get away from my Papa!" Airis turned to help her father, but when looked at the fight, all she could see was Aaron, lifeless on the ground in front of Ein, a puddle of blood underneath his still frame.

"P....Papa?!" Airis hesitantly said with a shaky voice, dropping her staff into the snow.

"You couldn't save him." A familiar voice said to her left.

She turned to see the man with snake-like eyes, that sickly green color akin to an Emerald. He grinned at her while she couldn't move a single inch. Airis only stared in horror at this man. This monster. This demon.