Mom's surprise

Aphmau held Airis' hand as they walked down to the boardwalk, planning to meet up with Aphmau's mother, Sylvanna. She said that she wanted to hang out a little more with Aphmau and Airis, so Aphmau thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to get Aaron and her mother to bond a little more.

"Aphmau, she HATES me." Aaron said as they walked, nervous about meeting up with Aphmau's mother.

"Nonsense, Aaron." Aphmau reassured, "We're gonna get you some quality time with my. She just.... needs to hang out with you more."

Airis nodded in agreement, her little wolf ears and tail upright with excitement. Since she revealed her werewolf appearance, she had been semi-self conscious about showing them, but everyone accepted her well, so she decided to keep her ears and tail out for just a little bit every day. At least until she got too nervous and forcibly hid her ears and tail.

"Huh. Well... I'm all for spending time with you." Aaron flirted, "And you too, Airis." 

Airis laughed and reached up for Aaron to pick her up, to which he did happily.

Aphmau giggled, "Aww! You're too sweet. Hehe!" She looked around for her mother, "Ugh... where in the world could she be? You'd think she'd be with Eric and his strawberry puffs." 

At the mention of strawberry puffs, Airis' tail and ears flicked up again.

"No, Airis, you've had enough sweets for today. You're gonna get cavities with how much sweets you eat." Aphmau said, making the girl pout.

"Isn't that her over there?" Aaron asked, spotting the dark haired woman talking to a young man.

"Hm? Ah! Yeah! That is her!" Aphmau shouted happily after spotting her mother nearby, "Mom! Hey!"

The three ran up to Sylvanna, who greeted them happily.

"Oh! Aphmau! Mija! I'm so glad you're here!" Sylvanna said.

"I'm so glad we found you! We wanted to see if you--"

"I just ran in to the PERFECT man for you to date!" Sylvanna cut her daughter off, gesturing to the boy in front of her. Airis clutched Aaron's jacket, hoping that he wouldn't be replaced by someone else. She really liked Aaron, and didn't want him to go away.

"Seriously?!" Aaron shouted while Aphmau groaned.

"Aphmau, meet Gene!"

The man turned around and saw revealed himself. He was a tall man with black hair and bright blue eyes. He wore a pair of ripped jeans, a pair of black shoes and a light gray tank top. Airis loosened her grip of Aaron, since she couldn't feel anything bad coming from the man, Gene, but she still didn't want to leave Aaron.

"Hey there! Long time no see." Gene greeted with a smile.

Aphmau gasped and Aaron held Airis closer, "MOM! That's-- GENE!" Aphmau shouted in her shock.

"I know! Isn't that a cute name> So much better than AARON." Sylvanna said.

"Rude." Aaron said.

"No. Mom. THAT'S G-GENE!" Aphmau repeated, "I knew him in high school. HE WAS A JERK TO ME!"

"Really...? You never spoke of him..."

"Ugh. No one would want to speak of him."

Airis pat Aphmau on the shoulder and shook her finger as if saying no, but she did it with a smile. Aphmau sighed.

"Okay, Airis. I don't like it, but I'll listen." She whispered to the girl.

"Sylvanna, allow me to explain." Gene said, "Back in high school, I really was a jerk to Aphmau. I was... really stupid back then. I was going through a lot of stuff... Aphmau, I am really sorry. For everything. Can we start over?"