Their Choice

On the sandy beaches lying in the sun, Katelyn and Travis were enjoying the day blissfully together.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" Travis asked.

"Um... I don't know. What do you wanna do?" Katelyn replied.

"Well, I asked you because I have absolutely no idea about what to do." Travis laughed with Katelyn.

"Dork." She chuckled, "Well, I'm not sure honestly. Lazy day?"

"Lazy day." Travis agreed, "So, I was asking my dad about when we were going to check out the other parks."

"Really? What'd he say?"

"We were gonna take it really slow apparently."

"Well, he is here on business matters, isn't he?"

"Yeah, he is."

"Man, what business does he work for? He has like the best job ever."

"He's in marketing. Really passionate about it, too."

"Yeah, I can tell." Katelyn chuckled, "Travis, you really are lucky to have a dad like him."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I mean, he talks to you about everything. He doesn't just jump to conclusions or still treats you like a kid. On top of that, he's really supportive of you."

Travis laughed, "Yeah, I guess I really am lucky." He smirked, "Was that whole 'treat you like a kid' thing a stab at your dad?"

"Yeah. You know how he gets when he finds out I'm dating."

"He's just worried, girl. A fine lady like you, pfft, who wouldn't be? With all these dudes checking you out." He muttered the last part, but Katelyn heard him loud and clearly.

"Is that a sneaky way to say that you get jealous?" She teased him and Travis blushed hard.

"What? No! No!" He quickly denied, but then noticed something on the other side of the beach behind Katelyn, "Hey, is that Aphmau and Airis?"

"Hey, don't change the subject." Katelyn said.

"No, seriously, I think that's Aphmau and Airis. And Aphmau's.... on the floor."

Katelyn turned around to indeed see Aphmau lying on the sand while Airis was crouched by her side holding a bucket. Travis and Katelyn got up from their spot and went over to see what was happening.

"Aph?" Katelyn called out, but Aphmau was startled and sat straight up, knocking over the bucket next to Airis and setting free several Seabuns.

"Ah, man. I lost our catch." Aphmau said sadly.

"Don't worry, Mama, we can always catch more." Airis reassured her mother.

"What were you two doing?" Travis asked.

"We were collecting Seabuns." Aphmau answered.

"Yeah! There are lots of different kinds here! They're really special." Airis added excitedly.

"Special?" Katelyn repeated.

"Yeah, normal Seabuns are on the sea floor and aren't as agile. But these are special ones, and they aren't toxic like normal ones." Aphmau explained.

"So what were you two doing with them?"

"I was.... collecting them.... to hold them..."

"To keep them?" Katelyn smirked.

"Oh, wild animals don't let me go out and touch them, so it made me feel like a princess because they all let me hold them."

"And I just like seeing different animals." Airis added, "So Auntie Katelyn, Uncle Travis, what are you up to this morning?"