Letters and Recovery

Airis looked out the window, watching as the sun finally set and allowed its beautiful dusk time colors to light up the sky. She was happy, because she could finally see her father, even though Aaron was still asleep in his coma, Airis was happy to see him nonetheless.

It had been almost a month since she woke up and started the habit of lying with her father throughout the night. The other Lycan family members didn't mind it happening, not after what the stranger said almost a month ago, not to mention that it made Airis happy and she seemed to be recovering well. So they didn't object to it and let Airis sleep with Aaron every night.

Since Airis woke up, she had been trying to use her magic consciously instead of just in her sleep with Aaron. She had summoned a small version of her white wolf, Yukisa. The wolf was so happy to see her master, and Airis was happy to have another friend with her to help with recovery. Yukisa became her eyes and ears outside of her room, and from Yukisa, she gained an understanding of all sorts of things outside her little room.

Suddenly, Airis heard a knock at her door and turned with a smile knowing exactly who it was.

"Come in, Auntie Melissa!" She called out. The door opened and revealed Melissa with a small smile on her face.

"Hey there, Airis." Melissa said walking over to Airis' bedside, "How are you feeling today? Did everything go well with your checkups?"

Airis laughed, "I thought the doctors were supposed to tell you everything?"

Melissa chuckled back, "Yeah, but I just wanted to hear it from you."

"Okay. The doctor said that I can start physical therapy in maybe a month or two. They say that I'm healing a lot faster than anyone else they've treated, both human and werewolf."

Though Melissa heard all of this from the doctors, hearing it from Airis was still shocking to her. They knew that with her being an Ultima, much like Aaron, could heal slightly faster than a normal werewolf. But she was still a little kid, and depending on how control she had over her curse, she shouldn't have had been healing as fast as her father, much less faster than Aaron.

Nonetheless, Melissa smiled and carefully picked the girl up, taking her to Aaron's room where the doctors were just leaving with Derek and Rachel behind them, all of them smiling happily. Confused, the two walked over to Aaron's bedroom.

"Mom, Dad, what's going on?" Melissa asked. Rachel turned to her daughter and granddaughter before hugging them both tightly.

"He's.... He's awake!" Rachel said excitedly. Melissa and Airis' eyes went wide as they turned to Derek, who smiled and nodded.

"It's true. Aaron's finally awake." Derek said. Immediately, Airis tried to shake herself out of Melissa's grip, scared that Aaron might accidently see her from the doorway. Melissa feeling the little girl struggle to get out, rushed back to Airis' room with her parents following behind them. As soon as Airis was set back on the bed, she started to cry out of pure joy.

"Papa... He's finally awake!" Airis cried into Melissa's arms until the night sky was dark just a while later. When she was done crying her fill, she pulled herself away from Melissa and smiled at Derek and Rachel.

"I guess that means we'll have to be a little more careful, huh?" Airis asked, surprising the Lycans but also bringing up the big issue with Airis and Aaron's recovery. Because the two of them still had mental wounds to heal, they couldn't see each other, mainly Aaron couldn't see Airis in case he went through a relapse. Exactly what Airis was afraid of doing to her father.

"Don't worry, Airis." Rachel said, "We'll make sure Aaron doesn't see you until the year is over and we get to Starlight Wonderland. We'll just tell Aaron that this room is a storage room."