Our Uncertain Future

Everyone was stunned, confused and terrified. Those who did know that Airis was an Ultima were stunned that she revealed this secret to the Ro'Meave's, even Airis was a little stunned to see that she revealed such a hidden secret. But she knew that it had to be done. Garte was calling her father a monster, thus indirectly calling her a monster because they both shared the same curse. Though the curses weren't the same in some ways, they still came from the same source and the God of Wolves, so they were both monsters.

But for those who didn't know that she was an Ultima, there were mixed feelings and emotions towards this news. Zianna was nervous, scared and confused. This little girl that she loved as if she was her own grandchild was an Ultima like Aaron. She was sweet, loving, caring, nothing like the monster that the Ultima was painted out to be. And deep down, no matter how scared or confused she was, Zianna would always love Airis despite her curse. Airis glanced over at Zianna and gave her a smile, like nothing was wrong. That's when Zianna knew that Airis would never hurt them. She was there healing her son, a man Airis loved as an Uncle.

Garte on the other hand, already blinded by anger towards Aaron, was blind to everything he knew about Airis. The loving and happy little girl he once knew was now shaded by the thought of being an Ultima, the same kind of monster that nearly killed his son. Without even thinking, he ran up to Airis and grabbed her by her free arm trying to pull her away from Garroth.

"Get away from my son!" He shouted and pulled her back, almost making her lose her balance and fall to the floor.

"Garte! Get your hands off her!" Derek shouted.

"Let go of my daughter!" Aaron added just as angrily.

"Mr. Garte, please, let me go back to him, I can help." Airis begged.

"What could a monster like you do to help my son?" Garte shouted directly at Airis, the little girl shaking in fear, "How do I know that you won't go ahead and finish the job?"

"Please, I'm begging you. I can help your son, just let me do it. I won't hurt him, I promise." 

Garte growled in anger and spun her around towards the rest of her family, Aaron grabbing her and holding her in his arms protectively. Aphmau was beyond shocked. For as long as she's known Garroth and Zane's father, he was nothing but kind and generous. But this man, the one staring at her Fiancé and daughter with so much hate and anger, this wasn't the Garte Ro'Meave she remembered.

Airis struggled in Aaron's grip, trying to get back to Garroth's side to heal him, but Aaron wouldn't let her go.

"Papa, let me go! Please, I have to help him! I don't want him to go through this pain!" Airis begged to her father.

"You're not going anywhere near my son!" Garte shouted.

"Garte, please." Zianna said and held her husband's arm to calm him, "The doctor said so herself, Airis' power to heal was helping him. Remember how calm he was before you dragged her away from him?"

Just then, Garroth's pain filled grunts came back. Though his breathing was steady and his condition was stable, the pain-filled expression on his face returned along with the rest of his terrible pain. Airis' eyes widened with fear as her struggle to get out of her father's grip got stronger.

"Papa, let me go now!" She shouted and broke from his tight grip, surprising all of the adults. A werewolf's grip is strong, but an Ultima's grip is stronger, so for a small child to break from his grip said something about her strength as well. Airis was about to run back to Garroth's bedside, when she was stopped by Garte and his glare of hatred.

"I told you not to come anywhere near my son!" Garte shouted.

"Garte, that's enough shouting. She's just a child!" Derek shouted and tried to get Airis back towards them, but Airis always took a step closer. Just then, from hearing all the shouting upstairs, Zane ran up the stairs to see what was wrong.