Camp of Love pt. 2

It was the early morning of a cool and refreshing day. The rain pounded hard the night before, making the forest look even more beautiful with the sparkling water drops on the tree leaves.

Two people were trudging through the forest, their pet running next to the child of the group.

"Papa, why are we here?" The child asked yawning along with the dog by her feet.

The man, her father, turned back and smiled at his daughter, picking up her sleepy form and continuing up the trail.

"We're here, my little one, to see the beauty of the world we live in." He said, and just as he said that, they reached the top of the small mountain on which they lived in. The girl opened her eyes and saw the sun rising over the other mountains that surrounded their own. The birds waking from my nighttime slumber as the stars disappeared for the day, to return the following night.

Her eyes lit up as she watched the sun rise in the distance. Her father noticed her peaceful smile, but he also noticed something else within he daughter. A spark of magic he had never seen except with his wife, but this spark was much brighter and more powerful than his wife's.

"Listen to me, Airis." He said to his daughter, "One day, you'll be seeing the sun, the moon, and the entire world in a different way."

"How would it look for me, Papa?" Airis asked.

Her father chuckled and sat her high on his shoulders.

"It's all different for everyone in the world. No two worlds are the same in others eyes. When I look at the world, the sky is brighter, the sun shines warmly on your face, and I have all those I love surrounding me in a grassy field filled the most beautiful flowers I could have ever imagined."

Airis' smile grew even wider as she continued to watch the sunrise with her father and pet. Those dreams were always so beautiful. And soon... she would see the world just like that.

But what would her most beautiful world look like?

~~~~

The soft sunlight shone right in Airis' eyes, causing her to rise from her forced slumber. As her eyes opened, she was faced with a wet yet soft nose pressing against her cheek.

"Little Pup. Are you all right?" A familiar voice called out to her. Her sight became clear, and there in front of her stood the same wolf that they had seen at the campsite.

"Oh, it's you again." Airis answered through a mental link, "What are you doing here?"

"I was hunting a pesky rabbit when I saw you washed up on the shore. Where is your pack?"

Airis sat up, the feeling of the cold water from the waterfall and river running down her soaked body. As she stood up, Airis looked down at her clothes, seeing them ripped and ruined, even one of her boots were missing. She was still covered, but there was less to cover her with. 

"Those rapid were powerful. I guess they tore my clothes. I just hope I don't catch a cold."

"Do not fret. Now, where is your pack?" The wolf asked.

She shook her head, "I don't know. The rushing rapids must've carried them off somewhere. I gotta go find them."

Airis tried to stand up, but a sharp pain in her leg caused her to fall back down. She looked down at her leg and saw a large bleeding cut on her lower leg ending at her ankle. Airis took what was left of her plaid over shirt and tied the cloth around her leg to try and stop the bleeding. The wolf nudged the girl's side and lay down next to her.