Chapter 5.5

As you relayed the last month to Daniel, your heart writhed while your palms became clammy.

Everytime you took a look at him, it looked like he was jumping through hoops in his mind as your words started to sink in.

"I have been.. attacked by 4 different species and all of them had violent, murderous tendencies..

..Found out that I have ties to this world, somehow.
Theres a group called the yiga clan.. from what I've gathered they've been hell bent on kidnapping people.. even children to add to their roster.
Ive been tortured by their leader because of something I did.. I guess?.
I've also... had to kill a lot of them.. too many of them.."

Daniel was in complete shock, he couldnt even string together a sentence.

He eventually fell back down and stayed quiet for a long time, you got down to your knees.

"Daniel?... Please say something.."

You tried shaking him gently until he grabbed your hand, staring at you..

"You didnt attack first.. right?."

"Of course not!..
Daniel.. I hate it, everytime I have to swing a sword or aim my bow at one of them..
I cant help but feel sick..
Everyone tells me that they should experience worse but what if they already were..
Now I show up to take away what could be the last thing they have..
But in the end.. if I have to.. then I'll fight.."

He had a tight grip and he held it as he looked, wanting to be sure.

"Alright.."

As he started to let go, he took a second to see what Revali saw.

"When d- what the hell happened here?"

Not him too..

He was staring at the 3 scars trailing down your hand.
Now that your sense's weren't crippled, you could see it was a clean cut all the way to the beginning of your joints, turning jagged and rough.

You yank it back before he could get a clear look.

Rubbing your hand nervously, you turn to the side and hide it.
"I have no clue.. I guess it's just another to add to all the others right?"

He shot up to his feet, taking you by suprise.
"No, we had them checked.. all of them.
There was no infections, diseases, complications.. nothing.

So why are there 3 new and to be quite frank.. huge looking scars on your hand?"

You stammered, looking for anything you could use, even if it was a poor reason for an excuse.

"Daniel, really.. if I knew then I would have told you.."

He takes a step closer.

"I know you do, I'm not dumb (y/n).
How long were you with us?
6 years?
And what about the wailing?..

All that time you spent with us... I never heard you wail or scream in your sleep.. and just last night, it was like you were in pure agony.
Maybe a whimper and some tears but never like that..

So, I'll ask again.

Why?"

He waited, noting down your frustrated expression as you were essentially cornered.

"Fuck!
Ok, fine!..
Just.. please dont tell Lily or Patrisha.. they wont understand.."

"Ok.. so, spill it."

He stood waiting as you started to pace around, trying to think of where to start.

"I'm guessing there was a red moon while I was unconscious?"

"Y-yes.. how d-"

"I'm getting there... the first one was a month ago and.. I had to fight tooth and nail against this.. mass of black smoke that took the form of a few that I've met.
The catch?
It all takes place up here."

Tapping the side of your head, you moved a wisp of hair to reveal the chip that was stuck to you.

"I couldnt even call it a fight, I was almost obliterated by it..."

You had a feeling there was going to be a new scar from that ordeal.

Lifting up your tunic just enough, you could see a nasty purple blotch from where the chunk of wood had impaled you.

"My god... was this recent?"

You shake your head.
"Begining of the month.

It was also caused by another form of the black smoke.."

"Theres more than one?"

His words reminded you of the last moments in the void, surrounded by what could possibly be pure evil.

"I guess you could say that.."

Still pacing and growing antsy, daniel stands up to grab your shoulders and sits you down.

"Relax, nothing is going to happen.

Just breath and take your time."

"Ok... so before I go on, you should know that theres a group of fighters called the champions.. and I think I've become an honorary champion.. for now.

Anyway, theres 5 in this group.. 6 if you account for me.

So.. the first time it happened.. I was preparing to help with wittling down the absurd about of enemies that had been revived by the moon.

When all of a sudden, I start feeling... weak on my knees and i apparently looked as pale as snow.

One thing led to another and i passed out.

Then.. I was back in my home, nothing had changed so I assumed I was just.. going crazy.. and then one of the champions showed and got the drop on me, except it was that mass of black smoke."

Meanwhile, outside the inn.

Lilith was watching as you and Daniel talked.
Her heart writhed as she tried to stay calm, her immeasurable anger soon became too much to bare.

She hid her face in her hands, muffling a blood curdling scream.

"Lily... have you eaten anything?"

She turns to see her mother standing by the landing.

"No.."

"Not even a snack?"

Her gaze remained locked on you and Daniel as she watched him sit you down.

"I know it hurts sweetheart.. but I'm sure hes in just as much pain as you are.."

She scoffed at the remark.

"Good.. I want him to know just how much he put us through..
You said he ran away from someone who was after him, right?

It could have all been avoided if he just stayed and went to the authorities."