Chapter 4.6

As the carriage filled with the petrified citizens trailed off towards the stables in the town centre, everything flew over as you couldnt help but replay everything, trying to figure out what could have driven that man to hate you so deeply.

From his words that oozed with malice to his unbridled hatred and violence towards you.

Entranced in your thoughts, you accidentally walk into a door, lightly banging your head against it and bringing you back to your senses.

It felt weird, like muscle memory.. somehow you knew you were stood outside your room, not one you had been given but one you grew to appreciate and yet, never recognised.

You push the door open, your eyes rest apon the white, dust covered sheets and then a maid who seemed to be finishing up, filling a tub with hot water.

She looked back, her expression was laden with fatigue but was soon washed away by a tidal wave of shock.

You didnt know what to say, all you could do was move aside so she could leave, and she did so with haste.

Questioning why wouldn't be needed as your gaze landed on a mirror with a figure caked in dried blood, trailing down from nose to chin.
You bring a hand up to it and feel it crumble and tug on stray hairs across your face.

"Wait..."

You quickly glance at the tub and then back at the still open doorway.

"Did she know..."

You wave it off and close the door before undressing.

Meanwhile in the library

The champions walk in to see Zelda sat at the head of a long table, clearly waiting for everyone with a Sheikah slate in one hand and the other, tapping on oak with as she tried to hold her nerves steady.

She looked up to see Urbosa and rushed over to hug her.

Soon everyone had taken a seat, ready to hear what she had to say as she stood with her back to the group, trying to think of a way to break the ice.

She couldn't, with a slight hint of hesitation, she turned and pressed a finger onto the slate, bringing up a holographic screen, causing everyone to gaze in shock and amazement.

"What you're about to see.. is... (y/n)'s view from the last week, please leave any questions until then and... brace yourselves."
She gave Daruk a worrying gaze before pressing down on the slate again, causing the screen to play from the day you woke up in the castle.

From there, the champions watched as you traversed the land of Hyrule.
They saw your scars, they listened to your conversation with the rito elder, they watched as you tricked Revali with relative ease and your endless encounters with the yiga clan.

Everything seemed calm, which confused the champions as to why Zelda was so hesitant.

Then you passed out at the foot of your bed and came to, back in your home.

Everyone watched with curiosity, learning more about you, your world and its technology... and then, Daruk understood what Zelda meant as an evil and contorted version of himself overpowered you.

Soon the events of yours and Urbosa's capture played, it all flew by as they witnessed a brutal display of what the yiga clan's leader was capable of.

Throughout it, they had seen raw footage of your struggles but what followed your escape room them all of guard as a frightened pink rito quickly warmed up to Urbosa as the light of the campfire flickered and waved over them, enticing a memory of yours to invade and wash over.

You and your mother sat by a fireplace, not a word ushered, not a single sound from the two of you, the rooms wooden beams creaked and moaned as the wind blew violently and rain thrashed against the roof.

It was quickly torn away as Urbosa's voice slowly faded in, taking over and bringing you back from your trance.

"Is something wrong?"

"Its nothing.. that is just so adorable.."

The last thing the champions saw was a brief flash of red eyes as Daruk showed up, then Zelda pressed on the slate and the screen vanished, leaving everyone with a heavy sense of dread weighing down on them as they all looked at a horrified and speechless Daruk.

To be continued

I'm utterly speechless, the fact that this is nearly at 4k views is just... wow.

I'm still trying to grasp how so many want to continue reading this.
What I'm trying to say is that I'll never be able to express the feeling that this has brought me and how its pushed me to keep writing and improving on my skills.

Now for the reason as to why im stopping for the moment.
With the covid pandemic growing worse and finding myself in constant situations, I've decided to take a breather to hopefully get a hold of things.

This is also a good opportunity to explain the process of this story, for now it's a draft, something I can create without having to worry about tedious things, like mistakenly naming Purah as Impa.

Anyway, I hope you've all had it easier than myself and I cant wait to get back into this.

I look forward to finishing this.

Take care and stay safe.