Chapter 2.6

You lost track of time, you tried to calm your mind but your thoughts couldnt stop running rampant. You breath in and out, your mothers face kept flashing between each thought.

You feel your shoulder throb and ache, distracting you for some time.
You look down your arm and see your sleeve covered in your blood.
You could see through the hole in your jacket, a black and charred blotch covered your shoulder that trailed down your arm.

You think back to the moment you set the gunpowder ablaze and how stupid it was.
You tried to contemplate whether it was really worth it.

You hear faint chattering outside as people laughed and talked about stories and tales. You stand up and sway a little causing you to fall back on the bed.
You tried again, just barely holding your footing and take a peek before walking outside.
It looked like the champions had called it a night, the moon was setting beyond dueling peeks as rays of moonlight shone over the landscape.
You were awestruck at the sight yet again.

A few hours passed by, you were wide awake by then and had wandered off into fields behind the stable, it was barren but not in the way you thought.. not a single gaurdian was seen.. not even a broken one.

You sit down against one of the dozen crumbling walls surrounding you, your hands were shaking, everything you knew that transpired hadn't happened yet.. or worse, it never happened at all.

What awaited you and the others?
The question shook you to your core, making you tense up all over, sending sharp needles of pain through your shoulder.
You hiss and clasp your shoulder, cursing out loud.

"Why am I so stupid.."

A voice cuts through the silence, stopping you from saying anything else.

"Hey kid.. how are you feeling?"

You turn and look from behind the pillar to see daruk walking up to you.

"just.. peachy"

He stands by your side, taking a moment, soaking in the veiw before sitting down.
You felt the ground reverberate gently taking you a little by suprise.

Daruk notices.
"Heh, Sorry."

You give him a small smile and look back at a crumbling wall.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes, daruk?"

"... What happened earlier?"

You stay silent.. trying to think of what to say.

"Um.. well.. mipha tried to heal me.. and it didnt work."

Daruks tone started to change, it tore your soul apart hearing such a cheerful person sound so worried

"Oh. Im sure it was nothing.. what i want to know about is that... you really scared zelda."
He points to your shoulder, you close your eyes, regretting it even more.

"... have you ever... heard of someone.. cauterizing a wound before?"

Daruks eyes widen a little at the word.

"Y-yeah.. I heard its pretty painful.. why didnt you just do that instead of.."

He trails off, replaying every detail in his mind.

"It was a really dumb idea but... I could tell I was going to bleed out quicker than heating up a blade.."

"Im not judging, dont worry."

You look at daruk and see him itching to ask something but holding back.

"Whats wrong?"
He stays quiet, you look back at the wall.