Chapter 2

Ok here goes nothing.. que the cringeworthy character dialogue

Enjoy!

Revali's p.o.v.

Revali had just arrived around the time you had woken up in the inn, he walked around for a few minutes and had already caught word of your arrival and reward, to simply put it, he was not happy to hear that someone less of himself was chosen and it only made things worse after hearing what those nocking points could do. He swoops down to Mazli's home.. no one was in, after a few minutes he found him and had convinced him to find you.
Watching him land next to a figure atop a horse, revali observed you from afar.
But he was actually thinking about the video footage that the princess had captured of your fight. He had seen similar techniques but he couldn't seem to recall any that matched the yours. He watched you shoot, he wanted to think that you're marksmanship was sloppy but he couldn't deny that you had a natural talent in archery. He shook his head and took off once you had cleared the crest of the hill, heading straight for hyrule castle.

Your p.o.v.

The day dragged on with the sun glaring into your eyes yet again, making you hold an arm over your head.
You can see hyrule kingdom again, it didnt bring a feeling of foreboding, instead it brought up an old, unkempt feeling that you swore to bury until the day you died... you look away trying to think about anything other than that and realise that you were passing by where you found Fortan, you look down and smile, if it weren't for him, who knows how many times you would have bit the dust.

You hear light rustling to your left, you pull your bow out and aim at a bush as Fortan trots away, nothing seems to be out of place when the bush you were watching shoots forwards and kicking up dirt, stopping abruptly ahead of you causing Fortan to halt and step back a few paces.

The only thing cutting the silence was the light breeze as you train your bow on the unknown creature that was now blocking your path... you give Fortan a light tap with your heel, trying to encourage him to carry on around the moving bush but he was having none of it, he whined and bucked slightly and for good reason as the bush flies up revealing a green camouflage like balloon with the face of a deformed octopus, you let an arrow fly and watch it hit but too slow as the creature had shot a ball of rock hard dirt at you, hitting you clean in the stomach and clipping a few ribs.

You fly off Fortan and double over, groaning and gasping, trying to get your breath back when you hear more rustling and movement over the hill.

"Oh com-"

Another ball of dirt smacks you across the jaw, knocking you out for a few minutes.

You can see the blue fire again but it looked weaker than before, almost like it was dying and that only made you worry more.
You wake up, bow in your hand and an arrow already racked, you haul your body up and let out a screech, aim where the last shot came from but there were already arrows protruding from the withering creatures ahead of you, you look down at your bow thinking you must have still been conscious somehow but a voice cuts you off from the conclusion.

You look up.. your blood turns cold as you gaze apon another rito.. revali, you try to get up too quickly and realise you had taken more of a beating than you thought, falling back while clutching your rib cage, you could tell you wasnt bleeding but it was obvious you weren't running anytime soon.

"Clearly you dont want to talk.. not that it matters... the pri- ... the queen wishes to talk to you, maybe without you dangling from a balcony this time.."
He let's out a low chuckle, practically preening himself seeing how well it got to you.

You cant help but feel embarrassed, maybe you did take things too far.. then the past comes barging into you, you quelled your feelings just enough to answer through hitched breaths.

"If you knew.. what I've been through then-"

You wince and grit your teeth as a surge of pain shoots along your ribs, you take a moment and continue.

"-Maybe you would understand.. why I did that.."

You stare at him for what felt like an uncomfortablly long moment.

You breath in, letting out a wheeze as you inhale slowly. "I assume- you're here to take me back if I say no?."

Revali looks at you, eying you up and down before scoffing and handing a letter to you.

"As much as I would like to, the prin-"
He clears his throat.
"The queen wants to approach you from a more.. diplomatic point of view."

You give it a sceptical look, glancing at revali before looking back at the letter making him snap.
"Well!?. I have more pressing matters to deal with aside from someone so lowly such as yourse-"
He takes a step back as a tiny squawk leaves him seeing how much he pissed you off just then

There was fire in your eyes, hearing that.. it irked you to hear someone insult you like that.
You had a newfound surge of energy and notice you had gotten to your feet, you go with it, limping over to the rito, snatch the letter out from his grip and walk past him towards Fortan.

"A thank you would be nice..."
You respond back, still limping
"How about fuck you."
You hear him breath in deep before talking again

"..catch"

You look back to see a red vial flying in an arc towards you, you catch with one hand as you were still holding the letter in the other.

You recognise it as the one you had bought off of beedle, even though it had only been about a week since then.. it felt like you hadn't seen him in months. You look up at revali with a confused look, getting an answer from him.
Something else caught your eye, the vial had a piece of string tied around the neck of the vial.

"You cant go limping through hyrule, you wont make it past a day."

You look at him, still irked by his earlier comment. "I have no rupees left to pay you.." as you pocket your letter, You go to toss it back but he summons a strong gale, blowing you back to the ground, making you cry out in pain as he flies up into the sky, calling down to you.

"You owe me one!"

Soon he was gone and his gale had died down and dissipated.

Your blood turned from a cold and icy stream to a boiling broth.. who does he think he is, how dare he insult you like that.... he wasn't wrong though.. you were nothing compared to the people of hyrule.

You look at the vial as your hand shakes, your grip tightens on the vail threatening to crush the glass between your fingers.

You stop and take a deep breath to calm yourself as the pain slowly drifts away, you look down to see your body emanating what looked like an ice cold and wispy fog although it didnt feel like it was cold, you could feel your ribs setting back into place and your face heal up too, you raise a few fingers to feel cold blood hanging along your jaw line.
You wipe it away and look back down completely bewildered...

"What the fuck just happened..."