Chapter 2.5

The sun had started to set as the caravan passed through dueling peaks and stopped at a nearby stable by the time you caught up with it.
You clumsily dismount Fortan, feeling light headed from your wound as it bled and trickled down your arm.

You walk up to the campfire and sit on a log to inspect the arrow that was now caked in your blood, you couldnt stop looking, the worst you had gone through was a bottle to the head... you poke it to see how bad it was, you let out a low grunt feeling pain shoot up your shoulder and neck.

"Oh goddesses above!"
Your body jumped making you hiss through gritted teeth, you look over to see mipha with a worried look in her eyes, she rushes over and starts checking the wound.

You wince a few times as she felt around, checking for inflammation and so on.
Revali lands nearby and looks at you and mipha, you look away thinking about what you said, he then walks off towards the stable entrance.

"This is going to hurt, (y/n)... are you ready?"

You look back at mipha to see her holding the end of the arrow while looking at you, waiting for your word.

You breath in... "Im ready.."

You feel the broad tipped end get snapped off, you clench on the fabric of your clothes as the shaft starts to slide out.
You had a pain threshold that was unparalleled to others but this... this was testing your limits...

You feel the jagged, splintered end of the arrow leave your shoulder, a sharp pain shot through your shoulder again as blood poured from it.

You could see mipha using her ability through teary eyes... she stops.. she then tried again, she panicked and called out for medical supplies which made you look at her.
She looks back at you, she looked confused and scared.

"I-is everything ok, mipha?"

She gives you a reassuring smile
"Its nothing, (y/n). I must be more tired than i thought.."

She looks away as she spoke, hoping you didnt notice her lie.
You start to lose balance and sway back slightly but catch your grip on the log.

A guard soon rushed over with an even more worrying look on his face.

"P-princess mipha!, we had to use the last of our supplies!"
He points to another gaurd who looked to be in a worse condition than you were, gashes and stab wounds were strewn all over the gaurds torso.
Jesus.. did the yiga clan attack again while i was gone...
You hear mipha mutter faintly.
"I-i cant heal him.."

You look back at mipha who was starting to tear up a little. Your head started to spin, you try to think but it was getting harder and harder to function normally.

"M-mipha.. its ok, really.. just wrap some cloth around it and get some rest, o-ok?"

She looked at you, the look she gave said more than enough.

Your eyes widen.
She couldn't use her ability on you anymore.
You think of an excuse.. any excuse to reassure mipha.. nothing comes to mind unfortunately

Your eyes grow heavy and droop, you force them back open. You had to stop the bleeding or you might not make it past midnight.

"I have an idea."
You pull you bow out and try to pull the sting back but the pain had grown to much, making you drop it and wince again.
Mipha looks at you, she was beyond worried for you as you tried to draw the string back.

"M-mipha, pick my bow up and pull the sting.."

She doent question why and does so, letting out a small gasp as another bomb arrow appeared, racked between the knocking points.

You pluck it out and pull out you knife and start cutting it open, making sure not to trigger anything while trying not to pass out.
You look at its contents, black powder had been pressed together into a small ball which had a line of fuse trailing down towards its shaft.
No time to waste, you were bleeding out and fast.
You think back to how explosive the arrows were, taking the smallest pinch of the powder and pressing it into the wound.
You could barely stay conscious now, mipha had placed a hand against your back as you couldnt keep your body up.

"C-Can you get the back?"
She coppies you, not sure about what you had planned.

You then pull out the disposable lighter.

"You.. may wanna stand back.."
You feel miphas hand pull back followed by a few light steps.

You held the lighter to your shoulder, inching closer to the wound.
You breath in and out... "here goes..."

"(Y/n)! Its good to see youre ok!"
You had just sparked the flint in the lighter as she spoke, setting it ablaze followed by sparks and smoke.

"what are you doing?!"

You try to hold in the need to scream but it was too much, you cry out in pain as your skin crackles and sizzles, it had a smell of pork which made you want to puke.

You breath in and out, trying not to hyperventilate.
Your yelp of pain had brought a lot of attention including the other champions, some of the guards thought more yiga had attacked while others watched in shock.
Guess no one has done this before.

You ignore the crowd and move to finish the job, pushing the flint side of the lighter against the powder and flick, more fire and smoke followed.
You drop pocket the lighter and clutch your shoulder, pain was an understatement if you had to describe the way your shoulder felt.

You look down to see the log you were on was now covered with your blood.
How much did you lose just then.

You start to slump over, your eyes clamp shut and you fall on your side, laying limp. You hear a few call oit your name before you fall unconscious.

"(Y/n)!.."

You look around.. you were back home.
"(Y/n)?, can you hear me?"
You look up to see your mother...
Tears start to fall down, you rush over and hug her, sobbing.

"I-im so sorry!, i could have done something!"

You fall to your knees, your mother does too, holding you in her arms.

"Its ok, (y/n)"
She holds your chin gently and lifts you head up.

Now she was crying too.
"Oh look at you, all grown up!"
She hugs you and you hug her.
"I wish i could have been there for you"

You sobbed and spoke in a raspy and broken tone

"I miss you.. so much.."

Your mother places a hand against your cheek. "I know, (y/n).. i do to.."

"(Y/n).. stay strong, you still have much to do"
She kissed your forehead
You open your mouth to ask what it was you had to do.
You dont get a chance as a blinding light envelopes you without any warning.

Youre eyes shoot open and you sit up, clambering back against a bed frame and yelp as your shoulder banged against the frame. You were confused as to how you got into bed but a brief flash of your mothers smile caught you off guard.

You hold your head in your hands, replaying every detail in your head, tears were already falling while you slept but now you broke down crying silently, not a sound eminated from you.. it was a curse and a gift.

A few sobs broke out though, you clasp a hand over you mouth, trying desperately not to disturb anyone.