Chapter 4.5

A bright blue and orange spot in the distance, growing as everyone got closer and closer.
Daruk suddenly rolled up into a ball and sped up, causing the bridge to shake and nearly throw Mipha off balance.

Near Hylia Bridge

Everyone had fallen asleep, just about as a few simply couldn't after the ordeal they just went through so they chatted about days of joy and happyness long ago.
You couldn't either, not that it would be any different if you hadn't just been brutally tortured.. now it was just another moment to add to the pile as you flinched with every flash of those horrific hours.

You had sat down near the group, lent against a tree stump with Urbosa lent against it on the other side. Both of you watched the area while a tired hatchling rested against Urbosa's arm and a blupee sat on the tree stump.

With what little calmness you had left, you lean over to look at Urbosa.
"Do you think they'll send anyone to look for us?"

"I hope so, I doubt they'll send anyone right now but hopefully they will by sunrise."

"I'm suprised."

"That they haven't sent anyone yet?"

"No.. I'm suprised at how quickly she warmed up to you."

Urbosa let out a sigh, staying silent as the night rolled on.

You started to feel funny.. a tingling sensation like having a numb arm when you slept on it.
It grew stronger by the second and a rumble soon followed, echoing across Hylia Bridge.

You shot up to your feet, so did Urbosa but carefully as not to hurt Molli.
The blupee that was on the tree stump had fled before you had even noticed too.
You wanted to kick out the fire but you forced yourself not to, all hell could break loose and everyone would be blind without it.

You could see a silhouette in the distance, it took a moment but a flash of an image of 'evil Daruk' made your heart shrivel and whimper.

You aim your bow, with the slightest twinge of doubt, you summon a fire arrow and fire it nearby, showing Daruk with a look of suprise.

"It's me, (y/n)! Its Duruk!"

With sweaty palms, you drop the bow instantly and apologise profusely.
You didnt get many in as Revali landed nearby, Mipha wasnt far behind Daruk either, stopping you while taking you off gaurd.

"You're all ok.."

Before you could do anything, you fell to your knees as a huge weight was lifted from your shoulders.
You try to breathe but your chest felt tight.

All you could manage was hitched breaths as you felt eyes on you.

You raise a hand and point over to the group.

"I'm ok.. they're probably not though.."

Mipha didn't waste anytime and started tending to any wounded.
Daruk had walked over to Urbosa in hopes of getting caught up with everything.

It took a few minutes for you to regain yourself, once you did, you noticed that Revali was stood with pure shock emanating from him.
With a hint of confusion, you ask.

"Are.. you ok?"

He stammered as he looked you up and down, then it made sense.

With a few fingertips, you rub your nose and feel dried blood, you could only grasp at how bad you looked, causing another flash of that monsters mask and make you visibly flinch.
Barely managing to quell it, you give a faint chuckle and sit back.

"How do I look?"

"..Terrible"

"... wheres Link?"

"Back at the castle, guarding Zelda from dawn to dusk."

"What about Fortan?"

"We didnt see any dead horses.."

You look over with a question burning in your mind.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"Ever heard of a hatchling called Molli?"

You didnt expect much of a reaction but what you got instead was a now panicked and frantic rito as he shot to his feet and looked around.

"Y-yes! She was taken from the village a few weeks ago!"

You point to the group, where a tiny slither of pink hid behind Urbosa and the others as Mipha continued to aid anyone she could.
You could almost see his entire being relax.

"I'm guessing all of you came here by foot?"

"N-no, Zelda told us to bring a carriage... I didnt know why.. well we know now... what happened to you?"

You couldn't say, it was on the edge of your tongue but you couldn't force it out.

Revali stayed quite after that, you weren't suprised.. you would be too if you saw such a scene.

Soon, everyone had been checked over by Mipha and came to an agreement to head back under the cover of darkness.

You couldn't have been more happy to get away, with that being said, you stomped out the fire, picked up your bow and followed close behind with a sharp eye surveying the landscape.

Everything blurred into one, traversing from Hylia Bridge to the carriage and across the great plateau to finally lay eyes upon the castle walls.

You had watched around in hopes of seeing Fortan but you had no luck.
All you could do was hope for the best.