Chapter 7.5

You saw an opportunity as everyone stood in shock, wanting to compare something you had spent too much time dwelling on to recent events.

Gently, you reach over and take the slate from Zelda's grip who lets go, wondering what you were up to and start to slide your finger on the bar below.
A minute went by and everyone was watching as you searched through every moment where you had to fight the yiga clan and press play.

You didn't want them to see you kill.. but you had to confirm if Daniel was right.

Each moment you saw and listened to, none of the clan members spoke.. aside from that first encounter.
So you zip across the rest of the bar until you reach that day.

You press play again and listen to the clan members voice, it was like coarse sand and filled with malice as he spoke.
Lilith takes a breath, ready to ask what you were looking for.

She doesn't get a chance to as you swiftly brought your finger to the very end of the screen with a locked stare, unsure if you're ready to face your past in such a way as it began to play.

"Jesus christ, that isn't what I saw.. is it?"

After a few seconds of silence, you wipe away a small tear that threatened to roll down your cheek and finally look up at the screen, fighting every fibre of your being to not break down.

What you saw was your childhood home, up in flames as pain ridden screams echoed through the woods as four figures stood in front of it menacingly, none of them spoke though...

"..It is.."

No one said a word after hearing your voice warble with anger, there was no need to though as you turned towards Zelda while staring at the screen.

You go to pass back the slate but you freeze, realising that everyone must have seen the evil versions of the champions as you flip your hand over and look at the scars that Revali's one made..

"(y/n), is something wrong?"

Looking up, Zelda looks at you worryingly.. she then pieced it together, grabbing your hand and looks closer.

"...which one?"

You didn't answer, all you did was look at Revali who stood back from the group, not believing what was transpiring as the rest began to look back at him too.
He then spoke softly.. almost frightened of what could have happened as he shot a quick glance at his talons and then your hand.

"no... surely not?..."

You nod, clearly dejected thanks to it as you brought the feed from the screen back to the last few days and only moments before your rash decision with the moblin, a few moments pass as you were knocked unconscious.. and then it began as you were yanked up and thrown into a half built tower.

As it played, Lilith, Daniel and Patrisha look at him as if he was the one who inflicted all the scars on your body.
Glancing back, you see Patrisha was about to speak and verbally tear into him but you pause the footage and stop her.

"No, don't."

"But.. this is horrific!"

Still looking at her, you point back at the screen.

"That wasn't him!
and that thing will never be him."

She didn't understand what you meant but she didn't question it, briefly looking at Revali and apologising before looking back once you pressed play to see what would happen next as you fell to a balcony on the screen and gained the advantage against the mass of smoke.

It finishes, leaving a deathly silence to linger around the group.
You then pass back the slate to Zelda, seeing there was nothing else to check.

"D-does it hurt?"

Lilith had grabbed your hand, wanting to see for herself and waited for an answer.. you nod, giving your hand a light squeeze.

"When it happens.. its like it just happened but.. then it lingers, like its burning."

Daniel who was in shock both from what he just saw and the fact that the scars were in fact hurting you, spoke up.

"I thought you said they didn't?.."

"I lied."

"W-why?"

"Because.. she tried everything and it never did anything.. now i can see why, this... this is something medicine simply cant cure."

You finally hand the slate back and Zelda shuts down the screen, staying silent as did everyone else.

"(y/n).. Im sorry.."

Slightly wide eyed, you turn to Revali who had knelt down and was about to summon a gale.

"Revali, wai-"

Suddenly dirt and pebbles get blasted and thrown between everyone's feet as he shot up through the trees, you shield your eyes with your forearm.
Then the silence drifted back in..

"Well, I'd say that's karma for him.."

Your eyes dart over to Lilith who no doubt had managed to get to Rito village and had seen the cutscene of him talking down to Link.

"what?"

"what do you mean, what?!
He may be a snobby asshole at times but that doesn't mean he deserves to feel like a monster!"

You then jog out from underneath the canopy of the trees and call out while searching the sky with your hands clasped together.

"Revali!
I know you can hear me, come back!"

There was no answer, nor sight of him..