Chapter 1.3

3 days later

You stand by a stream, sketchbook and pencil in hand, watching fish swim upstream. It reminded you of how salmon would migrate and it only made you think about where you were only days ago

A completely different world..

You recap on the last moments before being thrown literally into this world and how. Why you.. you were nobody.. you kept to yourself, you're not anyone special.. so why are you here...

You clasp the back of your head as your thoughts start to drown everything out, suddenly a glint catches your eyes. You get up in the hopes that you can occupy yourself long enough to forget about it, approaching the glint, you can see what looked like a metal chest with gold embroidered edges.

"...How did that get there?"

Looking around, you see a battered carriage half submerged not far downstream. It looked as if it had been ambushed and quite severely, you look back at the chest deciding that who ever owned its contents was long gone.

Now.. how were you gonna get to it.. the rivers current is too strong to fight against, the fish only barely managed to keep up, so that's not happening. You lift a hand to your chin as you fall deep into thought, thinking of countless ways you can haul the chest out of the water.

Sounds of horses snorting and trotting made you look back at a nearby stable and just from the corner of your eye, you see a spool of rope...
"ok... that might work."
You stroll up to the stable, trying to think of ways you could use the rope but nothing was really convincing you, then you thought about a pulley system.

With that being settled, you walk in to the stable, hood up as to avoid keeping the trail hot for your possible pursuers. You walk over to the counter giving a slight wave to the owner

"Hi there, sorry to bother you, I was hoping I could borrow some rope I saw outside just for a moment?.."
The owner stares at you for a moment before asking why you needed it
After a minute of explaining and convincing the owner to take a look, you were back at the river, rope in hand and the owner of the stable next to you.

"So.. you want that chest?"

"Yeah"

"And why do you need the rope?.."

You simply smile

"Just wait and see"

Before the owner could respond, you walk up stream a little until you're sure you have enough time to react, with a shallow sigh and a spring in your step, you hop into the stream and let out what sounded like a yelp.

"Fuck that's cold!"
You can see the chest about to pass underneath you, diving as quick as you can, you barely manage to get a grip on a handle, tying a knot around it.

You scramble out of the water as quick as you can, shivering instantly.
"This better be worth it..."
You had forgotten that the owner was watching, beyond confused as you walk around a nearby tree with the other end of the rope.
He goes to ask what what your plan is but then you start yanking and pulling on the rope, it wasnt easy but it was working as the chest bursts out of the water, scraping it's way along the sand and pebbles lining the stream.