Chapter 1.8

Wow over 200 views! Thank you all for reading this!

You kept looking at the sky, watching the sun set beyond the peak of the mountain looming in the distance, you look back down at your sword wishing you could have spared them all somehow, you wished you could just go back and change it all, maybe you could have talked down them down, maybe you could have just ran and escaped, maybe they all would be alive if you did...

You hear the sound of footsteps and light scrapes bringing you back to reality but a heavy guilt weighs down on you, you look up to see the rito you had seen before.

"The elder wishes to speak to you"

You take a deep breath sheathing your sword, stand up and follow close behind the rito, the two of you walk up flights of stairs after stairs. You look at all of the quaint homes, thinking about how small they were compared to the homes where you came from, you then notice that some rito are looking at you, some whispering to others while they glance at you, you pull your hood over your head tighter in case anyone gets a good look at you.

A wing suddenly raises in front of you, you halt and look up at the rito who then gestures you to your right, you look in to see a large grey rito resembling an owl with a white, long and braided beard, wearing a green garb with red arrows spaced along it, you walk in nervously as he greets you.

"Welcome to rito village, I presume you are the hylian who took down the yiga clan member, I must thank you for defending the village and commemorate you for it. What is your name?"

You clear your thought a little and answer. "I-its (y/n), sir"

He raises a wing towards your left at the rito standing behind you. "Mazli spoke highly of your skills, (y/n).. but.. he also mentioned what occurred after the yiga attacked you.. may I ask what why?"

You look down at the floor and freeze up, it felt like time had grinded to a screeching halt. Elder kaneli looks at you waiting for an answer as the guilt tears you apart inside.

"It.. it feels wrong.. taking a life... even if someone is trying to kill me.."

You take a glance at the elder and see a look of suprise, the room falls silent and you wished you had just left the village when you could.

Kaneli speaks again. "I see.." he leans over and grabs a small box and then holds it out to you.

You take it and open it, it was a nocking point but it was split clean in half and looked like it was made out of sheikah tech as it had a line of blue circling both points and pulsing bright.
You look back at kaneli as he speaks again.

"Weve tried to place it one every bow we have but it forces each piece apart, maybe it will work on yours."

You walk to a nearby table and place the box down, pull your bow out and place it next to it while holding one of the pieces. You hold it against the string, lining it up precisely before grabbing the other half.
Before you could even try to place it near, it jerks out between your fingertips, clasps tight onto the string and the other two fly pieces out of the box and onto the string under the other and glows even brighter, making you jump back a little.

Kaneli hoots suddenly, eyes wide and then let's out a bellowing laugh.

"How splendid! Truly a sight to witness! Of all of the bows weve tried it on, even our warrior's bow, you are the one it has chosen.. treat it well and be proud."

The elder paused, he looked to be in some state of grief as he continued.

"You protected our village, we will be forever grateful for it. If you ever need to talk, do feel free to stop by again."