Chapter 6.5

The two of you stayed silent afterwards, you being in a never ending spiral of questions and thoughts while Mipha was grasping the situation.

"(Y/n)?"
Then someone taps your shoulder and you spin around.
It was Lilith.

She gave Mipha a small glance while holding her arm close to her side.
"I need to ask you something.. in private."

Before either of you could speak, Mipha had begun to walk back up to the inn.
"I'll excuse myself, we'll talk more tomorrow."

You then waited as Lilith watched Mipha until she was far away.

"(Y/n)?..
How many times has the moon.. you know.."

"Twice."

The next words that left her made your heart lurch, what then followed made your skin turn to ice and soon sucked all of your attention towards her.
"And has Zelda unlocked her powers?"

"...what?"

"She... How much of the game did you play?"

"..None, I didnt even get past the title screen.
You?"

"A week.."

"...Daniel said that you saw a bright light wh-"

"I did... and I heard a voice."

With your gaze locked onto her, you waited.

"It wasn't hers but it was a woman's.. I didnt recognise it...
The woman said that.. 'he needs you, all of you.' "

"..What happened n-"

"Then I saw you... running from something with tears running down your face... there was screaming a-and gunfire.."

Once she looked at you, she realised she had said too much.
You had crumpled down onto your knees, only muttering a few words.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry..."

She then got on her knees and shook you gently while calling your name.
What she hadnt realised is that you were in a sense, trapped in your mind once more.

Just like a horrid reminder, you were forced to re-live the worst day of your life.

Your mothers screams of agony filled the night sky as embers from a burning house drifted by your teary eyes.

Then a gunshot goes off and grazes a tree next to you, causing the air to snap, urging you to stand and run without a second thought as the screams bellowed, echoing through the forest that was now a hunting ground.

More bangs trial out from behind you, followed by the bark of the trees around you exploding into splinters.
You just kept running, stumbling through the ever increasing darkness before missing your footing and stumble down into what you assumed was a dried up creek, soon everything began to blur and blend into the darkness around you.

You were far from wrong as a bright pair of eyes round the corner and slow to a halt on the side of the road, besides your crumpled self.

"W-what are you d-"

"Wait here, baby."

"But what I-"

Something clamps shut, cutting of who ever spoke.
Then you were lifted by someone, groaning out from the bruises and cuts given from the fall.

"I know, I'm sorry."
You were brought towards a bright light and suddenly, whoever held you noticed how bad of a state you were in.

"Jesus ch- ok, shit..."

As everything continued to blur and drift into a nauseating mess, you were brought into somewhere warm and cozy.

"W-who is that!?"

"Patrisha, get up the map and find the nearest hospital!"

"O-ok!"

"M-mum... who is that?"

Those were the last moments your mind could recall as you slipped into unconsciousness.

With what could have been a snap of a finger, you were back to reality as tears barrelled down your cheeks as Lilith gently directed you into the stable and towards a bed.

"I-im sorry."

"...it's ok.. you did nothing wrong."

With a long a deep breath, you wipe away the remnants of your tears.

"I'm ok."

"Dont."

Confused, you look at Lilith.

"Dont lie."

Your head sags down, admitting that she was right.

She then pulls you into a hug.
"I'm still furious about you leaving.. but you dont deserve this.."

"Im sorry.. and.. thanks."

Time flew by, you didnt want it to end but it had to eventually as Revali walked in, looking around for something before laying eyes upon Lilith.

"Ah, there you are.
Id hate to ruin the moment but your parents are getting worried."

She looks at you, you give a nod and she sighs, giving you a pat on the back before standing tall.
"Of course they are.
Can you let them know I'll be back soon?"

"I would but your father requested that I escort you back."

With a palm pressed against her forehead, she let's out a weak chuckle.
"There it is.."

A little buffedled, he stands back as Lilith walks past.

"I can handle myself.. but I wont turn down the company."

The two then walk off, before she left, lilith popped back into view.

"(Y/n).. get some sleep, ok?"

You wipe away a few remaining speckles of tears and nod.

"I'll try."

She then gives a nod to Revali and waves goodbye, leaving you to witness the moments of that day, even if it was only a fraction of what just occurred, throwing you into violent shivers.