Chapter 1.2

A/N
Wow.. I honestly didnt expect anyone to read the last two chapters.
I'm practically doing this for fun ^^;
I have to admit, even if it's only a total of 20 veiws, I'm having second thoughts but I'm gonna keep going
If you wanna see more then please, leave a comment!
And thank you so much if you're still reading!

You wanted to scream as you jumped but you knew well not to or you'd knock the wind out of your lungs and then all of this was for nothing

Not that it matters. You overshot the jump, careening into the roof, barely managing to grip onto a loose roof tile.
It slowed your decent enough that you wouldnt break a leg or worse and you're glad you did. You double back on your decision in a split second after that little stunt, alleyways seemed much safer.

You land with a roll, it wasnt clean but it saved you from having to limp through a town you barely know, now you just had to lose sight of the others.

As you run down the street, you dive into the first alleyway you see and from there, you take as many turns as you can to throw off any close on your tail.
Not so much that you accidentally start running back towards them, as you run, your lungs start to burn and you soon realise you've been running for an hour at least.

You stop and fall to your knees, trying to hush your gasps for air. "How big is this place?!"
Looking around, you notice a few points of interest
A set of stairs, a clock tower and a bridge leading off past a set of stables.
You consider the clock tower but you dont wanna climb that, you feel like you've been lucky enough as it is.

The stairs went up and you're trying to head down.. all though you could get a feel of the town without the chance of instant death. You look up at the clock tower again "...nope"
You turn on your heels towards the stairs, you climb a few steps and look between the stone railings, getting a glance at one of the main gates.

You stop for a moment and think,
"Should I run?.. it's not like anything has happened yet.."
A horrid reminder of your past flashes in the back of your mind, taking you by suprise and making you shake violently for a moment.
You sit wide eyed as a shaken sigh leaves your still burning lungs.

No.. you cant take that chance again.
As you get up, brushing dirt of your knees, you hear voices closing in on your position.
You back up between two thick, potted bushes as two guards in iron armour turn a corner and head down the stairs.

After a few seconds, you take a peak to see that the guards setting up post by a tree nearby.

"Shit.."
You look at the stone railings, hoping that you can hop over and head straight towards the gate you saw, luck seemed to be in your favour because there was a very convenient stream flowing under a number of stone bridges, it didnt go far but it was enough to get you away from immediate danger.

You hear a cough, fearing you had been spotted, you leap without a second thought and land with a loud splash beneath you, you freeze and grit your teeth, hoping no one heard that...

"Hey.. did you-"
"Its probably a frog or something.. besides, the champions have got it under control, how hard can it to catch one guy?"
"Yeah.. good point"

You mentaly sigh, too afraid to even let one out and sneak away before anyone changes their mind, you can see the gate now, the suspense is getting to you as you can feel knots forming in your stomach...

You approach the gate at take a moment to not everything down, number of guards, ways to get out undetected and so on. You could try and just walk out but you doubt that'll work the second time..
As you contemplate ways to get out.. you hear a creak of old wood, then hooves tapping against stone slabs.. you look up and see a carriage passing by..
Your luck must be running dry by now.. you look back, check if you weren't going to get spotted and move before your window of opportunity closed.

You clamber up into the back before anyone sees and hide in a hay bale, and for quite some time. last you had checked, the sun was still setting and the moon was almost high in the sky by the time you had decided to hop out.
You hop out, duck low and crawl behind a large rock until the carriage was out of view... and just like that.. you had escaped a castle..
You look back at the castle looming over the landscape, seeing no one following you think to yourself..

"... now... what the hell am I gonna do next?.."