Chapter 1.6

It was getting late again, your horse was being a pain to deal with as it veered of the path again in its protest but after some encouragement.. again, it stopped fighting against your directions, you didnt have a saddle nor reigns so it was more than difficult to keep it in check as it groaned and shook its torso wildly, almost throwing you off, you knew it didnt intend on it but you had to admit that this one has a wild temperament

"Ok, ok I get it, I'll be off of you soon.."
Perfect timing, you look up and see a wooden horse looking over the trees

"See? Not long now"
You're horse responded with what you swore sounded like a sarcastic neigh

You chuckle and get off, nearing the stable, you take a look around since the caravan was only about a mile away so a few could be here, unfortunately there were a few guards in the far corner of the stable, getting drunk and enjoying themselves... you didnt like alcohol, you were old enough to drink and had done so a few times despite the taste but that wasnt the reason why, deep in the back of your head.. a bitter memory begged and cried to be shown again, you shake your head and walk up the the counter, the owner welcomes you and spots your horse.

"Welcome to tabantha bridge stab- oh hylia... is that steed yours?!
Even from here it looks to be one of the best I've seen in my life! M-may I?.."

With a confused look on your face, you raise a hand as if to say 'by all means..'

Before you could even lower your hand, the owner had rushed over, not so quick that he scared your horse but enough to take you by suprise

You watch as the owner eyes every detail of your horse, taking much longer once he was inspecting its facial features.

You break the silence and the owners iron clad gaze apon your horse, with a nervous cough you ask.
"I'm sorry.. am I missing something?"

The owner takes a minute to regain his posture and then explains the variations of horses around hyrule, from horses with immense strength to myths of a gaint horse, he told you as much as he could

You almost lost track but he caught your attention when finally falling apon the topic of your horse.

"Your horse is probably a one of a kind! I've never seen one like this!"

You raise an eyebrow feeling like this couldn't be true
"Surely not.. there must be another that you've seen, right?"

He looks at you with an expression, as if to say, I'd bet my life on it.

A moment passes and the owner starts to walk back to the counter before saying, "we have a registration fee for new horses but after this.. I'll give you a discount"

It felt like you had been given so much already in such a short amount of time so you protested like your soul was on the line, soon after the owner gives in with a gleefully smile and a chuckle.

"You dont give in do you?"

With that you slide over the full price of rupees from your pouch, across the counter and then another 20 so you can get a bed, you had kept a loose eye on the guards to see if they had noticed anything, thankfully it seemed like they had hit their limit and were close to passing out.
You took that as your time to sleep with minimal worry, you look back to see a stable assistant bring your horse out of view with a saddle in her hand, you stop for a moment and look back outside, it was dark now and it was a half moon, you had to admit.. after so many years in an urban environment and then being brought here, witnessing all its beauty as the moons light cascaded down onto the grass and trees, giving everything a soft white lining across the landscape... it was breathtaking.
You walk back in after a minute or two of thinking about what your life could be now instead of what it was.
Yeah there was the constant threat of death nearly every other day but it was exciting. It was certainly better that hiding in what was your cheap and shoddy flat back home.

You can tell you were about to have another horrid reminder of your past so you call it a night and get into a vacant bed. It took a while but you managed to drift off to sleep.

Soon you notice something was off... you knew you were dreaming.. but you were able to think much more clearly than before as you look around, there wasnt much to go by as it was all hazy and blurred but you could tell it was your step-fathers home...

You freeze up suddenly, footsteps approached you as a pitch black and blurred figure looms over you, you tried to move but you were stuck like a statue, you desperately try to move as tears start to fall down your cheeks, you were shaking as the footsteps stop.. the figure raises a hand, holding something, the figure swings making your head jerk to the side violently, you fall to the side, just as you were about to make contact with the floor, you open your eyes.
You shoot up and hold your head in your hands, after what felt like an eternity, you rub your wet and puffy eyes... you had cried in your sleep...

You take a moment to breath in and out, calming yourself as best as you could.

"Nightmare?"
You look behind you, not enough to show your face but enough to get a glance at whoever spoke.. it was one of the guards you saw earlier.

You breath in again and let it out, wipe your eyes against your sleeve and answer back

"You could say that.."

The two of you stay silent, you could feel the guards eyes piercing the back of your head as you stay sat on the edge of your bed, shaking ever so slightly.

You look outside and see its dawn, you let out a long and rough sigh.

The guard speaks again but this time it sounded more sincere than before

"We all have our own struggles we have to live with, I just hope you can move past them one day, you look like you could use a break"

You think about the past few days and all of its hectic moments and let out a chuckle which took the guard by suprise, you look back giving the guard another glance

"I dont think I'll be getting one anytime soon"

Before the guard could ask why, you had gotten up and walked towards the exit, you stop for a moment before thanking the guard for his sincerity before walking off to your horse.

You couldn't help but smile, seeing your horse kitted out with a saddle and bridle. A thought came to your mind..

"What should I call you?"