Chapter 5.9

While you scrambled back up, any enemy that crossed the threshold of the stable, dropped like flies and quite viciously too.

The sheer power of each arrow pulled its target to the ground, more sludge spewing out.
The screeching of the lizalfos made you spin to witness your clone choke holding it.
Just barely holding on as it kicked and writhed in the clones grip, you turn again and pull out your sheikah slate and use magnesus to pull over the yiga blade, still dug into the dirt.

With a press, everything gets draped over with a deep red mesh while waves of energy wash over, showing the yiga blade glowing a deep and solid red.
You lock on and yank it back, causing it to fly towards you.

Rolling back, it misses and continues towards your clone.
leaning over, still gripping onto the lazalfos, it catches it and spins it around its hand before sinking in and up its back, making its head writhe before falling limp and dissipating.

You turn around to pick up the spear and the fight was over just like that.
You couldn't help but stay defensive, the silence that followed.. it was uncanny.

Some of the rito warriors were circling back towards the spire of the village while the rest made sure to check thoroughly around below.

In your dazed focus, adrenaline still coursing through you, a deep and slightly grizzled voice called followed with a groan.

"I could use a hand here.."

You turn and stumble over and help Teba up while Revali drops down to help also.

"I got him, Revali."

As you raise a wing over your shoulder and lift, you almost buckle under the weight thanks to your injuries.
Even though it was obvious, the adrenaline draped over it and hid the pain.

"..I can wal-"

"Dont force yourself, you just fell from very high up.
You might have broken something, also I'd rather not see your wing spitting out even more blood.. so let me help."

You took a quick peak, making sure he wasnt going to pass out on you.
It was certainly a shock, his wing had soaked up most of his own blood, enough that it was dripping all over the ground and across the bridges planks of wood.

"Thank you."

You could feel your blood rushing violently through you until your fingers tingled and your body throbbed, causing you to slowly but clearly limp.

Finally reaching the first set of stairs was a huge relief, you even get a small glance from Teba as your body loosened up so much that it almost turned into a spool of rope.

Just as you cleared the last step, Mazli had rushed down the next staircase to help bring Teba up.

He gives you a mirrored look but you wave him off all while sliding down the banister post and into a heap after they cleared the stairs.

Now any movement or even a twitch was sending pain up your entire being, forcing your eyes to clamp shut, along with your teeth.
Only to make you wince and tense up, sending up another wave of pain.

"Aaaaaaaa.. how does he do this every day..."

"Who?"

Your eyes shoot wide open to see Revali stood over you.

"Never mind.."

"Would you like to tell me what that was all about this morning?"

You groan and tense up again, trembling from the ever increasing pain.

"Ow.. ow.... I'm possibly dying.. and you have the audacity to ask that?.."

He doesnt respond, instead he just huffs and extends his wing out.

You just stay seated for a moment.

"Well, I'd be lying if I said you hadn't taken a beating."

You finally take it and let him lift you up.

"But you're not dying."

You grip onto the banister, taking a moment to let the pain subside a little when your arm suddenly gets grabbed and pulled over.

"Come on."

As you were brought over towards the inn, you could already see Lilith and her parents having a heart attack upon seeing you.

"Oh boy..."

You stop, so does Ravali and you lift your arm from of his shoulders, thanking him just as Lilith and the others rushed over, instantly smothering you.

Patrisha had her arms around you while Daniel was already inspecting the nasty cut across your face, making you groan with every touch.
Lilith looked pale and speechless as her parents continued to panic.
"The bleeding stopped so that's a relief.."

He then kneels down and gasps upon seeing the wound on your thigh.

"Oh sh-
This is bad, really bad!"

You look down and see just how bad it was, flesh turned to a hideous pinkish goo.

Patrisha was still by your side, growing more worried by the minute.
"W-what should we do?"

"I don't have a first aid kit on me.."

Revali calls out from the inn, having slipped from the group for a moment.

"Bring him in, I have something for that."

He was holding something small and red in his wing, along with a few white rags.
He walks back in while Daniel chaperoned you to a bed and sat you on the end.

"Is there anything I can do?"

Ravali hands Daniel on of the rags and turns to continue preparing something.

"Clean the wound as best as you can."

He got straight to work, wiping away as much of the goo as he could.

"Eugh.. what is this stuff?"

On a whim, most of the room was ready to answer but you had beaten them to the punch.

"Acid."

Daniel, now wide eyed then turned back to Revali who was just about done with preparations, turning back around to show the rags he held, now soaked with a red and viscous liquid.

"I'm going to need more than just a ra-"

You rest a hand on his shoulder.
"That stuff helped me a while back"

He takes the rag reluctantly and slowly applies it, sending a strong burning sensation up your leg, making you hiss and groan.

You look over at Revali who was observing Daniel's work.

"I guess I definitely owe you one now, huh?"

Mipha spoke up before he could reply.

"Why not just h-"

You shoot a quick glance, followed by a quick shake of your head.
She didnt understand but she didnt finish the sentence, thankfully.