Chapter 6.7

The force of the arrow pulled the bokoblin off and threw it into the snow, almost swallowing it whole in a blanket of white powder.

Its friend was still hot on your tail as the snow was ploughed through, getting kicked up by hooves and clouding your view.
Thanks to that, you couldnt see if your pursuer was still following.

Before you could spot where it was, you slam into a low hanging branch from a tree and get swept from your saddle and wrapped you around it, causing a low groan to force it's way out.

As you hung with your body draped over the branch with Fortan stationary not far away, your pursuer closed in with hooves thundering though the kicked up snow.
You pull yourself up onto the branch and get a decent footing before the bokoblin passed by and hop up with your hands gripping the branch.

Just then the snout of a horse pierces through the cloud of snow as you fall into a swing.
Taking your chances, you aim both your feet at the bokoblins head and arch over its spear, barely missing your hip to land a direct hit.
As the bokoblin gets swept off, you lose your grip on one hand, throwing you in a spiral into the snow.

With your head spinning ever so slightly while you stumble to your feet, you realise you dropped your bow just as the bokoblin jumped back into the fight, gripping the spear.
Then an arrow zips by from behind, leaving a shallow cut across the side of your neck, you had completely forgotten about the second bokoblin.

You look back and see the bokoblin racking another arrow.
You retaliate and haul your leg up before bringing it down into the one in front of you.

It drew a sickening crack out, reverberate across the frozen land and left the bokoblin in a heap with pink and purple sludge seeping out from its skull.

Before it was too late, you lean to the side and dodge another arrow as it lands in the foot of the tree next to you.

Following up with a gale, you kicked up more snow as you slid towards the remaining bokoblin.
It somehow loses sight of you and begins to look around frantically.. but you had vanished.

Then you started to feel the cold embrace from piles of snow, covering you whole.

The bokoblin then stepped back and watched as snow blew up around it with a pair of hands coming into view, one swiftly unracking its arrow while the other wrapped around its throat.

Before it could grasp the situation, gripping the arrow tight, you force it up where its spine would be and wait for it to stop moving.

It screamed for a long time until all it could muster was a few weak twitches and falls limp in your grip.

Slowly, your grip loosens and the bokoblin falls down next to its friend and starts to decompose.
As the sludge slowly dissipated, you started to notice it had internals and kneel down to inspect it.
It had a functional body and wasnt powered by some incomprehensible power... for the most part.

It baffled you to your core, you had never considered them to be nothing more than minions of Ganon... merely nothing more than a husk that held powers beyond comprehension.
As it withered and the sludge seeped into the snow and frozen soil, one of its internals seemed to stay pristine as the rest of the body dissipated.

It was even throbbing and contorting...
You shoot up to your feet with a long shudder after that.. lovely discovery.
But then, you look back down at it realising it could be of use to make elixirs.

Quickly now, you pinch it with two fingers and chuck it into one of Fortan saddle bags and start to search for your bow.

"Wait! (y/n)!"

You glance back at the voice but the tundra remained lifeless to you until you give the sky a look, watching as the silhouette of a rito cast in an array of colours fading into each other.

Straining your eyes against the rising sun, you make out a distinctive colour of blue yellow with speckles of green that was quickly growing close.

As the rito lands, it blows snow all around and throws some into your face as you mutter under your breath.

"yay..."

It had also luckily exposed your bow as a set of knocking points glowed a blue hue through sheet of white.
Once the cloud of snow cleared enough, you met eyes with revali and youre instantly reminded of that cold ruthless red eyed stare.

He goes to reach for his bow, throwing a quick glance behind him thinking you saw something.

You caught on and tore your gaze away from him and took a quick breather before breaking the silence.

"is.. everything alright?"

He nods briefly, breaking his posture and returning to the cocky and boisterous manner you'd been putting up with for a while now.

"everything was fine up until I was awoken by Mipha, only to be informed of your sudden disappearance... it almost reminds me of your 'disappearance' in the castle town."

A quiet and shallow sigh then left your lungs.

"you're never going to let that go, are you?"

he chuckles, feeling victorious.

"Of course not."

You turn around to hide the pure frustration that started to boil inside, repressing it until it curdled into a sad and depressed mess.

"... if you're here to make sure I'm still breathing then you're wasting your time.. again.

Go and see how Lilith, Patrisha and Daniel are coping."

You wait for him to leave, it grows silent, leaving a awkward silence to linger around.

Revali then walked past, towards Fortan and brought him over to you, placing the reigns in one hand and directs you towards the path back to the village but instead of bringing you back, he continues to speak.

"As much as i would like to take you back and simply sleep.. I figured I may as well inform the others that ill be inspecting those wounds of yours."

A little confused, you cock your head slightly.

"Thanks but no thanks, ill ask Daniel to ins-"

Revali doesnt bother staying to listen and answers simply.

"Hes out cold.

No doubt exauhsted from dealing with those cuts and wound you seem to love to accumulate."

Where do i even start?

I wake up some nights just to look at the ludicrous amounts of views and votes i keep getting.. it makes me think if what im writing is good enough for you to read... and then i see the loving support from you all, whether it simply be a vote or a heartfelt comment complimenting my skills.

Words cant describe the sheer shock of receiving so much love and support for it.

Even now, im failing to utter words to describe this.

To top it all off... over an entire year... its been over a year since i began to write this story and.. i couldn't be more thankful for it.

Ive got some big shoes to fill, so.. ill try my best!