Chapter 3.1

"(Y/n)?"

Zelda had made her way up a few steps, realising you hadn't moved, looking back at you, you were shaking, your vision had grown blury as your heart pounded in your chest.

"Everything will be fine, come on."

You muster up what was left of your fleeting courage and start walking up with Zelda, soon enough you were inside a small, cozy shack.

Straight ahead of you was Impa, the one thing that truly shocked you.. she didnt look a day over 30.

"Zelda, its always good to see you.
What news do you have for me?"

You look over to Zelda, standing tall, diligent, most likely unwavering in the face of evil itself.

You looked back down at the floor as she spoke and brought Impa up to speed, grasping onto your hands, folded behind you yet shaking violently.
It was all a blur, only a week ago you were sat in your room.. hiding.

"(Y/n), is it?"

Looking back up, your eyes meet Impa's who seemed to be very familiar with yours.

Seemed like the two had finished talking for the time being.

"Y-yes."

"May i ask how you came to hyrule?"

You raise an eyebrow, befuddled by the question.

"If i may.. let me answer your question with another."

Impa gives you a mirrored expression as did Zelda.

"Why ask how i got here?
... if i were the one asking questions.. id ask why, not how."

A small chuckle leaves Impa's lips which then turned into a welcoming smile.

"You're just as intuitive as i remember."

You couldnt speak, you wanted to but words couldnt form into a coherent sentence even of your life depended on it.

"I understand this must be a lot to take in, i can only hope you've started to gain back some of your memo-."

"Why did i leave?"

Impa gives you another expression, one you hadn't seen before.
She then looks at Zelda who was beyond confused.
"Could you give us a moment to talk alone please?"

She nods, walking out of the shack, you watch her decend a few steps only to look back as the doors close.

You look back to see Impa pulling out a small ornate box.

"(Y/n).. a threat is coming for you, worse than the one we call calamity ganon.. in a moment of desperation.. a plan was formed in order to protect you."

She holds out the box, you take it, letting each and every word seep into you.

"The only problem, of it worked.. there was to be no way for this threat to find you so.. Zelda and the champions agreed to erase any memory of you from their own."

Your jaw dropped and your eyes shot wide open, looking at the box.. you had a faint idea of what it contained.
You opened it to find small squares, each embroided with a unique mark and made of the same material as the sheikah slate.

You pull one out, on the back was a glowing blue mesh that pulsed calmly.

"Who came up with the plan?"

Impa was looking deep into your eyes.

"What?.. Me!?"

Impa rests her palms against her knees, you go to hand the box back but Impa raised a hand, stopping you.