Chapter 6.3

He then looks up to the sky, towards the moon which was slowly forming into one of its many phases, cresting towards waning gibbous.

"We certainly need more of that now than ever."

A rough gale swoops through the trees, Mazli who was sinking into a deep thought snaps out of the trance before clearing his throat.

"So, where are you off to at this time of night?"

"Just giving everyone some space to think."

He raised his eyebrow, giving the inn a brief look before turning to ask why.

"Its a.. long story."

"I see, dont let me trouble you then."

You thank him and continue your trek down to the stables.
Before you were out of range, he called out once more.

"When you've healed, maybe we can spar and you teach me how to use a spear like you do?

You turn with a smile and nod before continuing towards the stables.
As you step off the last bridge, your name gets called out.

"(Y/n)!
I-it is (y/n), right?"

You're eyes meet what was certainly a stern look of a rito wielding a bow but despite his looks, he spoke kindly.

"Yes?"

He then points to the spear that you were given.
"The name's Gesane.
You sure seem to know your way around a spear, I'm glad I made the right decision!"

You pull out the spear and hold it out in both hands, questioning how you knew to handle one.

"I guess so."

"Would you mind demonstrating?"

You look at him and back at the spear.

"I only got to see a small fraction of your skills and I cant help but wonder about it."

With a small nod, you step back considerably far apart and start spinning its shaft around your palms, missing one roll purposefully and letting it roll back into your palm and repeat.

The rito stood and watched as you slowly picked up the pace until it started to whip through the air.

You pulled yourself into a rhythm as it spun, bringing it around your waist and back into the same rhythm.

The rito called out in amazement and so did another who must have wandered over to observe.

It sounded stupid in your head but you never held a spear or anything of the sorts apart from your visits to a certain festival and with just a few videos and demonstrations, you were standing head to head with the best.

Unfortunately, reality came crashing through the door as you took step forward and buckle from the sudden pain shooting up your thigh, losing balance and hitting the ground.

You push yourself back up and continue before anyone could interject, giving it your all as you spin the spear faster before hoping up and spinning your body around.

It throws the spear around, dragging behind.
As you let go, it slams into the dirt but then rebounds and springs back up for you to grab and continue spinning it, throwing in a few jabs between every few spins.

From the sidelines, mipha spoke.
"(Y/n), dont push yourself."

You didnt listen as you went through your routine, putting extra power into each swing before spinning the spear once again.

You throw a wide swing before haulting, causing a small rush of air to kick up loose dirt.

You take a moment to breath and calm yourself before handing it back to the rito, he steps back.

"Keep it.
You're in need of a weapon and it seems you've found the perfect match."

"But its you-"

"I can always request for a new spear.
Besides, I still have a bow so... consider it as a thank you from me.
For doing so much for our village."

He then walks off up the bridge, returning to his route and as he did, you kept your gaze on the spear.
Unlike when needle gave you that bow, you couldn't help but feel like he had given a gift to someone undeserving of it.

"He's not wrong, you've done a lot for this village in such a short span of time."

"It sure doesnt feel like it.."

After a brief moment of silence, she asks a question.

"(Y/n)... why did you keep such information until now?"

"I didnt know how I would tell you all.. it was always brought up whether I wanted it or not so it's not like ive had the time to think about it.."

"Speaking of such.. about your memory.. is there any way we could help?"

"Maybe... for now, I'd just worry about your own memory... who knows how much has been lost."

With those final words, it left the air feeling stale thanks to the monumental task set before you all that was now becoming more evident.

"I suppose you're right...
Now, since you refuse to heal yourself, I propose that you rest."

With her hand resting gently on your shoulder, she begins to guide you towards the stable entrance.

You then stop next to the horse pens.

"I will, just gotta do one thing."

You then walk over to find Fortan had been brought back in and was epona's neighbor.

You give them equal attention, seeing how had barely played a visit to her since your arrival, you gave her just a little extra attention.