Chapter 6.9

Minutes rolled by as you tried to muster up the slightest bit of enjoyment from playing but.. all you found was pain as it reminded you of-

"I must say that was a beautiful song although your singing could use some work, did you write it?"
You twist, looking over with surprise to see Revali had slipped in and made himself at home, sat comfortably amongst the pile of pillows and furs.

He looked as if he wanted to throw a cheeky remark at you but his boastful demeanour was swept away once you had turned, so you turn back around just as quickly with a croak in your voice as you spoke.

"Thanks for the input.. and no, I didnt-"

You then abruptly fall silent, clearing your throat before continuing.

"I didnt write it, that would be my mothers."

 "And where is she now?"

"Dead."

The room grew thick... suffocating from the pain that emanated from you, merely from uttering a single word.

"Lets get this over with."

By now, the pain had grown to much as you almost hobbled off the platform, slipping the necklace and settling down by the fire with a groan.

Revali then grabbed some clean cloth from a leather bag, smaller than yours with patterns stamped into the face of it and a pillow before sitting opposite you.

He pushed your head to the side and gets a firm pinch of the fabric on your cheek and in a kind manner, let's you brace yourself before starting to peel it back carefully.

"So, why not just use Mipha's power.. surely its not because you dont want them to know?"

"Yeah.. this is already enough to take in let alone the fact that the kid they took in and raised now has mystical powers."

He takes a moment, looking at the gash trialing from your ear to your jawline.

"The elixir did a fine job.. you know.. you could.."

He then shook his head refraining from speaking any further.

"I could what?"

He doesn't answer, all he gives in return is a quick glance as he then inspects the acid wound on your thigh.
Pulling slowly, he starts retching slightly as he fights back a lump in his throat.

"Eugh, its like the tar pit all over again except it's.. red"

Barely holding back the pain, your groan out.

"Id love to find out what that means but if you don't mind speeding things up a little, that would be.. just great."

"I still have to clean this you know."

"I could do it myself!"

The pain stops, you wait for it to continue but nothing else happens until you look back to see him giving you a long stare.

"And yet you came here with almost no resistance or retaliation.
You could have waited for Daniel to wake up but yet... here you are, taking up my offer."

Your blood boils again, fishing up a few loose reasons why he-

"Oh you little bast-
You're doing this so I owe you again, aren't you?"

"No."

Now you were giving him a long stare.
He returns it with a a cheeky hard press onto your wound as he cleaned away the gunk filling it.

"Gah!"

He then stands and walks over to the chest of draws with a small strut to each step, causing you to mutter under your breath.

"Blue feathered prick.."

"You know I can hear every single remark you mutter, it's quite insulting to be blunt."

You instantly snap back.
"You know I do it because I know you're the only one who can hear them."

He looked suprised, taken back as he loses grip of a vial holding more red elixir.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, you guys are basically the perfect predator, eye sight that's completely unmatched amd can physically be altered to see further.
There's seven spectrums of light, we see only see five of them, I can only assume you can see like a bird from my world so... all of them, I figured I could use one of those advantages to my own.
....and you basically have knives on your feet."

You look down, seeing his talons sinking into the wooden decking sends an image of his evil doppelganger sinking its own through your hand, sending a shiver up your spine.

"..I'm suprised you don't use them often."

Finished grabbing what he needs, Revali returns while trying to keep his annoyance in check, pulls your leg out slowly and begins to wrap what looked to be like linen soaked in the red elixir.

"Thats because I'm not a monster.."

The same image before flashes by, making you shiver again.

"Yeah.. sure."

Revali was almost done, finishing off with a few extra loops before tying a tight knot.

"Got any more interested trivia about us rito?.."

"That was a.. scientific guess, you're a bird and all I know is information from another world... about birds.
If any of it is actually true then I'll be damned."

He was clearing up the space around you now while you stretched your leg, thanking him soon after.

"Urbosa wasn't wrong, you are full of suprises."

"Again, call it mediocrity."