Chapter 2.3

You were still seething, beyond outraged hours later, soon though your mind had drifted off into uncharted territory as your past flies by in a blur. Sometimes it would be of pleasant and calming memories and sometimes those memories were plagued with the pain and suffering you had endured through life.

A memory you knew too well as it would loop over and over, taunting you, waiting to finally break you, thankfully you were torn away and back to reality as your name was called out.

You look down from the perch to see urbosa and mipha up and about, calling out your name every so often.
You breath in deep and stand up which caught their attention.
You give a brisk wave and walk back down the way you came.

Mipha was the first to greet you.
"Good morning, (y/n). Did you sleep up there?"

She glanced at the perch and back at you. You rub your neck and nod nervously.

"Oh, we had a room prepared for you."

Your eyes widen hearing that, it felt weird.. you felt like you didnt deserve such kindness..

"S-sorry, i needed some fresh air.. guess i must have dozed off.."
You hear the other 2 in their rooms, rummaging about as they gathered their belongings, soon you were joined by revali and daruk.
Daruk greets you with a hard slap to your back making you wince and contort your face briefly.
"Oh! Sorry, (y/n)!"

You let out a raspy, strained voice and give him a thumbs up.
"Its all good"
Your eyes cross over revali, you only caught a glimpse but he was looking at you with an odd look strewn across his face.
No doubt he was concocting another insult to hurl at you.
A loud whine makes you spin on your heels to see Fortan had snuck up on you. He lets out a calm neigh while pushing his snout against you gently.
"Oh! Hi bud, you hungry?"
You hear another whine which earned a chuckle or two from the champions.
You grab a few swift carrots feom your bag and feed him, soon he lets out a low yet happy huff and stroll off back to the makeshift stable.

An affirmed yet elegant and calming voice grabbed everyone's attention, you turn around to see Zelda standing tall, a beaming light of confidence and royalty and only a few paces behind her was her loyal protector, link.
It looked like he didnt get any sleep either as his eyes looked sunken with bags starting to show under them.
He looked worse than you for sure..
You were genuinely worried now that you could see him up close, he looked so expressionless in the game and yet, here he was looking like death was knocking at the door.

"You must be (y/n)!"
She takes a step closer and examines each and every feature about you from your eyes to your clothes and finally.. your ears.

You stood still, feeling slighlty uncomfortable. After a few seconds you extend your arm out to shake hands, you feel like this was the wrong way to go about introducing yourself but its all your brain could muster up at the moment.

"I-its an honor to meet you"

She looks at your arm extended out with slight confusion but returns the gesture and shakes your hand.

She gives a heart warming smile
"Please, call me Zelda"

You retract your arm taking a step back and listen to what Zelda had to say.

"Todays plans are simple, before mid morning, we are to head for kakariko village to update Impa on recent events.
Once we arrive, I will assign you all an area to scout for shrines, as for (y/n), you'll be with me while i speak to Impa.
Is everyone ok with this?"

You and the champions nod, the others head off to prep for the long journey ahead of them.

You turn to head to Fortan but Zelda calls you over.

"We still have some time to spare while everyone packs up."

She takes a seat on a nearby log and gestures to a rickety looking stool for you to take a seat, you sit and get comfortable.
You look at link, he looks at you and then zelda who invites him to take a seat too. He looks around briefly if anything felt out of place, after a few seconds of surveying the area, he sighs quietly and sits.

"So tell me about yourself, (y/n)"

Ok im going to be honest, doing a page per day is pretty stressful for me even though i wanted to do this for fun
So im going to "experiment" and see what works and what doesn't.
so apologies in advance for random upload schedules or shorter chapters like this one for example.
I hope you all understand and again.. (yes i know, ive said it more than enough times by now ^^;) thank you so much for reading my book