Chapter 5

Arrows started to rain down from above, the sound of wings echoed towards the mountain peaks as you spin on your heels and watch Mipha land on a bokoblin, impaling her trident through its skull as another readied a hasty swing with its boko bat.

You dont let it, pulling out your bow, you draw back fully and let an arrow sink its broad head deep into its skull, throwing it on it's back violently.

One makes a leap for you over the ropes holding the brigde up, you lift your foot and boot it back, with a glimpse of it crashing into the cliff edge and falling to the water bellow, you continue letting off arrow after arrow into the bokoblins trying to surround Mipha.

That caught the attention of a few who then rushed you, one swinged a rusty short sword at you, you step to the side as another swings a bat down, you barely managed to summon your sheild again and bring it above your head as it clashed against it, causing shards of it to fragment and fly in every direction.

Another goes for a low and wide swing towards your face, you couldn't do anything, everything slowed down as you watched the bokoblins sword inch closer towards your face.

Then an arrow landed in its arm, throwing off its aim but still cutting deep into your arm.

You didnt have time to look where the arrow came from, you kept fighting, with one hard step and pushing up against your shield, you threw the bokoblin behind you off balance and kick its legs out from under.

Aiming for the one with the rusty sword, you try to pierce it but soon regretted it as it swung down onto it.

Metal rang, chunks flew as the blade of your sword snapped into two.

You try to grab the yiga blade you obtained from before but a moblin club swings into view, hauling up your shield, you managed to avoid a swing to your skull but the force of it threw you, skipping and scraping across the clearing and into the stables.

Horses reared back, whining as you fumbled about, trying to get back up.

You could feel pain shoot up your back, everything became blurred and spun violently while you slumped up against the stable posts.

Far behind the swarm of blurred bokoblins and moblins, you could see a bright red blur holding off against attack after attack.
One left the group to get an easy kill, sprinting over to you with a bat swinging above its head.

An arrow zipped, missed its target and landed in another stable post.. and then a set of hooves booted the bokoblin into a cooking pot.

You couldnt piece together what was happening as something pushed up against your back, lifting you back up to your feet.

A soft and mellow neigh brought your eyes to meet a pair of black beady eyes, a pink lined snout and dark brown coat.

"F-fortan!"

You give him a quick hug before frantically searching for your sheikah slate.
Once you had it, you swipe over to the runes section and press the first icon, bringing out a plethora of blue lines.

They whisp and swim through the air, quickly building up a shell, after a few seconds... you met eye to eye with a copy of yourself.

Your copy pulls out a bow and starts thinning out the crowd of bokoblins.
It didnt take long until only a few bokoblin and moblin were left.

One of the moblin got a nasty flurry of arrows into its skull and snout, throwing it to the ground.

Mipha had finished off the last of the bokoblins surrounding her, leaving one final moblin to fend for itself.

It reeled back its club to slam down onto Mipha, your copy rushed in with a sheild ready and braced.
Everything had stopped spinning by then so you sprint, hop up and get launched towards the moblin.

You land with a foot on its club, wrapping your bow around its neck and start pulling, causing its footing to give out.

Its fumbled towards the cliff edge, desperately grasping at you as you yanked back harder.
It finally got its footing and refused to move any further as you barely evaded its stubby hand.

You heard another arrow land into something wooden, you couldnt look away but you knew it wasnt a coincidence.

Tossing your bow to the side, you wrapped an arm around the moblins throat and use a gale to push back.
Your body felt like it was tipping over, enveloping your body.

A glimpse of your clone flew by as you started to fall with the moblin, pulling on rope anchored to the bridge post.

That's all you saw as you faced towards the lake that was now speeding towards you with no remorse.

Time slowed down, every day of your life played, scene by scene.
Calm and tranquil days where you would watch the sky long into the evening, days where you would feel helpless against the tide of your misfortune.

It all melded into one continuous memory until you saw your mothers face.

Then it hit you..
You'd never be able to see her again, everytime you died would be nothing more than an empty promise, taunting you.

Forever cursed with a "miracle".

It was merely seconds until you hit the surface now.