Chapter 4.8

Lilith tried to grasp desperately on to Fortans saddle as the talus's bolder like fist came barreling into her, throwing her off and over the cliff edge.

Everything spun into a blur as she barrelled down towards the cliff face, she couldn't breath, every part of her throbbed, sending sharp pins across her body.
As she watched the cliff face speed towards her, she closed her eyes.

Back in Hyrule castle

You were sat down in a chair, staring at the white sheets that still covered the tables in his room.
A part of you wanted to pull them away and see what was underneath but another part was telling you that you weren't allowed or at the very least.. you weren't ready yet.

A light tapping sound against stone from the door catches your attention.
Looking over your shoulder, you could see the shadow of a figure between the crack of the door.

"Are you gonna just stand there or are you going to come in?"

The door opens to reveal Mipha with Molli close behind her.

"Hey... is.. everything ok?"

"We're fine, I just got word from rito village.. it seems someone was fatally wounded and is in need my assistance."

You look back and forth from Mipha to Molli.

"You want to bring her with you, dont you?"

"Yes.. I asked Revali if he could take her but Molli refused to go without you or Urbosa."

You stand up and grab your gear.
"Where is Urbosa?"

"She had to return home, with the red moon incident, she decided that she needed to learn how to control the Divine beast."

You nod in agreement and walk past, after a few seconds and spin on your heels.

"Well let's go then, we cant waste any time."

The three of you walked through the town.
As you walked by all the booths selling trinkets and wears, you heard whispers.

"Is it really him?"

"Who knows, it could just be a coincidence..."

"I thought he died.."

"Shhh, keep your voice down!"

You didnt look, instead you turned to Mipha.

"Is there any horse's we can use?"

"Now that you mention it.. right on time."

She looks over to someone, followed by hooves lightly clipping against the cobbled stone.

You follow her gaze to see it was Link, along with Epona.

"Oh, hey Link.. shouldn't you be with-"

He stops you and starts singing words.

"Didnt I mention this outside of kakariko village?"

"Oh.. a dozen guards when you're not around.. I remember... so, are you two headed somewhere?"

"Not me, she is though."

He passed Epona's reigns to Mipha.

"What? But... wont you need her at some p-"

He stops you again.
"I'll be in the castle for the rest of the week, just treat her well and dont take too long."

He gives Epona a pat and a thorough rub on her cheek before heading off towards the inner gates.

"Are you coming, (y/n)? We're burning daylight."

Mipha had already saddled up along with Molli, you didnt waste anymore time.

With you mounted at the back, Molli in the middle and Mipha taking the lead, you all set off towards rito village.
Hours passed, along with a grueling trek through the frozen tundra that is the hebra region, you had finally made it to the stables and were walking up the steps with Molli sat comfortably in your arms.

"Molli, is there anyone I can take you to?"

She nodded and pointed up towards the next flight of stairs.
"My father."

"Ok, Mipha?"

She turned around.
"I'll find you after I get her home."

She nodded and you both split up, she headed for the inn while you made the long trek up the numerous flights of stairs.
With each one, you could feel Molli getting restless and antsy.
It was almost contagious as you could see all the residents look over, from glances to stares in disbelief.

You take the final step up and watch Molli point towards a small home which had drapes of fabric pulled and tied down, acting as curtains.

You peek inside and see it was a mess, items and flasks were strewn about, as if someone had desperately packed for a long journey.

"Oh no.. I think we missed him.."

You could see Molli alnost shut down, like a bird who couldn't fly.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure he's out looking for you.."

She sniffled, then a few sobs slipped out so you gave her a hug.

"Everything will be ok, I promise."

By now, a crowd had gathered at the bottom of the stairs, some were asking where her father was or if anyone had seen him.

With impeccable timing, you heard a name get called out.

"Harth, come quickly!"

"I'm not in the mood.."

"Please, just come quickly!"

You set Molli down and point towards the crowd, they dispersed to show a black rito frozen in time as he stared up at his daughter with tears pouring down over his feathers.