Chapter 3.8

Half an hour passed by, the champions were preparing to head back out.

You were stood waiting outside tending to Fortan, you start to feel lightheaded.
You grab a hold of your saddle as you stumble.

Sweat starts to drip from your forehead.

"Please be safe now, each and every one of you.
Link, are you sure you want to stay?"

You turn back to see the champions and Zelda walking over to you while Link nods.

"Oh hylia, (y/n).. you look as pale as snow."

You carry on.
"Im fine, just.. a little light headed is all.. its been a long day."

You try to brush it off but no one was buying it.

Zelda steps forth.
"You're right, it has been a long day.
I insist you get some rest."

You let you head hang down, you couldn't exactly say no..

"... ok."

"Perfect, ill have a maid show you to your room."

Urbosa walks over to Fortan and gives a light pat while grabbing the reigns.

"Ill take your horse to the stable, get some rest ok"

You thank her and give Fortan a small pat before heading back.

You look over your shoulder for a second.
"Be careful ok, dont go underestimating anything.."

Everyone nods, Revali doesnt pay any attention while waving a wing, Mipha and Daruk speak up.

"Dont worry, we'll be ok (y/n)."

"If anyone gets hurt, ill be close by to heal their wounds."

You wave as they all walk out of veiw.

Link taps your shoulder, you turn and follow until Zelda calls over a maid.

"Could you please show (y/n) to the champions quarters."

You try to talk but its too late as Zelda heads off to deal with even more concerning matters.
The maid bows, then looks at you while holding a hand out down towards a set of corridors.

You follow, looking around at all the paintings and display cases holding valuable artifacts.

The maid stops and you stop too, nearly bumping into her.
You were standing at a bottom of a spiralling staircase.

The maid tells you your room is on the far right, you thank her and start walking up.
Soon your head starts to throb as a faint voice starts to echo in the back of your head, making you nearly loose balance.

Everything started to spin and blur as you make it up to the top, you barely push open the door and get inside a dark room.
Before you could register what was happening, you stumble over your own feet and fall into end of a bed frame with a thunk and pass out.

You then open your eyes to see your room.
You were back on earth.. you were back in your room with your switch in your hand while slumped up against your bed.

You bring a hand up to your head and laugh.
"I must be going crazy.."

You get up and place the switch down, head towards the kitchen and make a sandwich.
You turn on an electric kettle, grabbing whatever, not really caring whether it was coffee or tea.

After a few minutes you sat down while taking a sip from your cup, it was a good thing you did because an image of your mother flashed by again from when you cauterized your shoulder..

You take a look at your shoulder to see no black scorch mark... but then something tipped you off.
Your necklace was gone.. you never took it off.

You set the cup down and stand up.. you hadn't payed it any mind but your head was still throbbing.

You turn around and get punched across the room, smashing into a wooden coffee table, causing you to scream in agony as a chunk of splintered wood impaled your back.

What you saw threw suspicion out the window.. you were looking at a body formed out of black smoke, whisping violently.
It contorted and writhed until it grew, before your could grab anything as a weapon, it grabbed you and threw you into a wall.

You fall into a heap, eyes shut closed as pain washed over your body.
You open them and see.. Daruk? But.. it was still the violent black smoke but it had taken Daruks form as two red glowing eyes emerge.

You try to push yourself up but the shadow grabs you again and throws you through a window.

You try to get up again but the shadow wouldnt let you, it wrapped its large hand around your throat, almost enveloping your head with ease and lifted you up.
You kick and punch but it just fazed through like nothing.

It slamed you down, causing you to cough up blood.. you fumble around desperately for anything, finally grabbing a shard of glass.

You dont think, you just swing and plung it into the shadows neck, it starts to screech as a blinding light blasts out.

Everything started to burn, the shadow got it worse though as its entire being was torn apart by the light.
Silence fell apon you, you try to get up but pain shoots across your back.
You look down to see the chunk of wood had been pushed through your body when you got slammed down.

Sirens blared in the distance as you
layed outside your home, slowly bleeding out.
You breath but they were starting to hitch and fall faint.

You pass out and suddenly.. you're back in the void, the only catch is that there was no fire balls looming around you..