Chapter 2

Everyone stood frozen in shock, staring at what was left from the building that was now nothing more than rumble. In just a few seconds, they had seen their friend, student and classmates being buried under tons of concrete, having previously saved his friend.

"DEKU!" shouted Uraraka, tears running uncontrollably from her eyes as she started crowling toward the building. The others looked at her, starting to tear as up well, as the realization of what had just accured was coming on them hard. She started digging with her bare hands, using her Quirk for support on lifting heavy objects.

She sobbed, emotions of sadness and desperation circling inside of her. Ignoring completely the nausea, the pain on her ankle and the exhaustion she was feeling, she kept on digging in hopes of founding the green haired boy somewhere under the rocks. "Wha-what just happened?" whispered Bakugou, still in disbelief of the situation. "Young Midoriya just..." started All Might but couldn't bring himself to continue.

Then, there was a scream from agony and everyone turned to look at the class representative, the usually calm and collected person crying and running to the rumbles too, to dig for his dear friend. There was silence, no more sound than the two students cries and attempt to pull off their classmate. Until the sound of footsteps echoed.

"We came as soon as we could Toshinori. What is the problem?" said a mouse/bear/dog like creature who happened to be the principal of the school, Nezu. "Don't tell me the problem children were able to create distraction again" said an annoyed Mr Aizawa but none of the two got an answer, just a blank stare.

"Yagi, what's wrong? Is something the matter?" "Too late" he mouthed, not really thinking of what he was saying. "What do you mean, 'too late'?" said Eraserhead. "You came too late" said Kirishima, his voice lifeless and his endless fighting spirit seemingly having run out. He pointed at the direction of the ruins, hand trembling in the process, and the two teachers turned toward there.

Only to be met with a heart breaking sight. Two students standing in front of a collapse building and crying on top of what they could make used to be a person. With slow and steady steps, not wanting to be quick to make assumptions, Aizawa came closer to the scene and his worst nightmares became reality.

The young boy from his class laid there, hands and legs twisted in angles that shouldn't be possible for them to and face features deformed. A pull of blood, his blood, was forming around him painting everything in crimson red. It was a sight enough to tramatize a person and even though he had come up with situations like this one many times already, he couldn't help but feel like he was about to puke.

Knowing that he had to make sure of what he was thinking before officially stating it, he kneeled in front of Midoriya's body and put his ear on his chest, trying to catch his hurt beat or feel his breathing. There was nothing of the two. Tears swelled up in his eyes and he tried to brush them away but they kept on coming back.

He looked at the kids on his side that seemed to have long since realized their friends condition and slowly stood up and turned to everyone. All eyes flashed with hope that soon disappeared as soon as they saw him crying. "Izuku Midoriya is dead!" he shouted and everyone erupted into sobs, crying her heart out.

A week had passed since that day and the atmosphere on the prestigious high was definitely different from before. During that time, the students of all grades were given time out of school to recover from the tragic event. Of course, that didn't go unnoticed by the media and news spread like wild fire about the death of a student during one of the exercises.

The already shattered reputation of UA became even worst with many first years dropping out and the percentage of people signing for the exams reaching nearly zero. It was a really bad situation, though no one had time to put mind on it, as everyone was griefsriken by the loss of the boy.