Chapter 61

Toshinori had felt it. The snapping of an invisible string that had been standing strong for decades now, tieing together people who all shared something in common. All of them used to once carry on the sacred torch of One for All. The pain he had felt. It had been the worst pain he had ever felt, he could promise that. It was worse than even when All for One had destroyed his stomach. It had felt like bullet had hit him in the heart and ripped a hole through his body. But yet, there was no blood, no injury. Just the pain.

He didn't know what had happened. At one moment, he was standing inside his room, going over some of leads they had on the league. The next, he was on the ground, shouting, screaming in agony. And there was no one there to hear him. All the teachers were away, each with their own task to complete. He had spent a good while clenching his chest and breathing heavily in an attempt to ease his aching until it disappeared. Just as suddenly as it had appeared. And he was left just laying down, not sure of what had just occurred and with the only thing that reminded him that he hadn't imagined the pain was the empty feeling now inside of him.

He felt as if a piece of him was now missing. A piece he wasn't aware he had, but without it, he felt so cold, so lonely. There was still warmth. He could feel the invisible hands hugging him from behind. But something was missing. And he couldn't say what. Other than the fact that something had happened with One for All. He looked sadly out of the window, gazing at the, for once, serenade dorm area. 'What had happened now Izuku?', he found himself thinking before sighing and getting back to work. Good think that he would meet Gran Torino and Nezu today. He needed to talk to someone about this.

Hours passed and that only made the heroes more anxious. The UA teacher would soon need to head to their office and get seated and then await for the arrival of the rest of the pros. All of them were aware of the importance of this meeting of theirs, not only because the life of a student was on the line, but also because they will be planning their final act against the league. Principal Nezu had figured out so. They couldn't let the villains gain more power because before long, they will find themselves outclassed.

And so, when the time had finally arrived, everyone found themselves abandoning whatever they were doing and heading there. Many heroes left the field for a while, other exited their agencies and many of the teachers left their students dorm to head there. Similarly so, the four students left the class 1-A dorm and started making their way to the office as well.

"Wait...". The three of the students stopped on their tracks and turned to look at Bakugou. It was surprisingly to hear the boy talk so calmly which meant that something important had to be the matter. "I want to do something important first. Are you coming?". Shinso, Todoroki and Iida looked at each other before shrugging and following after the boy.

The path they took was a familiar one to all of them, leaving a small feeling of sadness starting to flourish in their chests. They saw their friends grave in front of them, a place that the boys classmates had visited quite a lot of times already. "Before all of this happened, I used to come here once a day to talk to him. I know that we don't have time now, but can we at least spare a minute so I can pray?".

Iida sighed at the boys words but either way he nodded his head and along with the other two, stood back while Bakugou went forward and started praying. "So, this is his grave?", asked Shinso quietly as to not bother the other boy. He looked at the tombstone in front of him, his friends name engraved on it and surrounded by a bunch of flowers, candles, notes and many other things. Even though he knew of the strange condition of the boy, as well as the fact that he was still among the living world, he couldn't help but feel dread when looking at the grave.

"Yes, that's it. Haven't you come here before?", asked Todoroki the boy. Shinso nodded. "I have. Mr Aizawa brought me here one time when I wasn't feeling pretty well. But it was late at night and I couldn't really see that well".