Chapter 40

🛑In this chapter self harm is mentioned. If you are sensitive to this topic you are advised on skipping this chapter or just skipping said scene🛑

Shinso always thought of his mentor as a man you could easily catch on things. He was actually teaching him how to do that, saying that heroes should be able to evaluate a situation immediately, without having to ask 'What's going on'. He knew that he, just like him, didn't know the full story of what was up with the greenett. But, acting out of impulse and listening to his own emotions was not the correct way to act.

Thanks to they way Uraraka had acted, he had figured out that the others were probably not supposed to know about Midoriya. He didn't know why, but he would make sure to question it as soon as he can. What he can't believe though is that Mr Aizawa, who HAD been able to talk face to face with the boy and see his reactions when he was revealing his secret, was able to come in the same conclusion as him.

Now, of course, in his mind there was the doubt of him having made a mistake. Because of course, he was still a student and that was a trained pro hero with years of experience. But, as someone had once told him, 'better safe that sorry'.

He looked at the other teens, all of them trying to take in the information. Their minds having a hard time to keep up with what was happening. 'Maybe that is my chance'. He had to play it off and lie once again. This had seemed to be something that he had done a lot today and he throughoutly wised that it was for the best.

He put a hand on his head and sighed deeply, affectively getting the attention of everyone in the room. He slowly rose his head and put a kind, almost apologetic expression on his face. Years of descrimination had taught him how to control and fake his emotion, a skill that he never thought he would found useful at a time. "Sensei, come on, we talked about this before didn't we? Midoriya is not here, calm down. You have overworked yourself lately, you need to rest".

He spoke softly, as if he was trying to sooth a crying child. His teacher looked at him strangely, which was understandable because of how out of character he was acting. But the others didn't know about that. The hero tried to speak, probably to fight against his statement but he couldn't allow that. He had to pass him the message that he cannot talk about it, at least not for now.

"Tell me sensei, do you see him now?" he asked, streesing the word 'see' a bit longer than needed. Aizawa looked at his skeptically, as if he was contemplating something. He had that strange glare of his that was curios and yet offensive at the same time. Like he was demanding something out of him but knew he couldn't tell that out loud. Slowly, he shook he hard negatively and the boy had to keep himself from sighing in relief and blowing up his cover.

"No, no he is not here any longer. I'm sorry Shinso, you were right" he answered at his student and got a nod in return, though the true meaning to it only he knew. From the very moment that he saw his student doubting him again, he knew that something was up. Something that had probably happened after he passed out and he couldn't say out loud. When he tried to talk back and say that he was alright and knew what he was talking about, he found himself being cut by the same teen.

He kept on insisting on the fact that he was tired, emphasizing some words in order to make him understand something. He caught quickly enough to it and for the first time in his life, he could say that he was confused. He was being told to not talk about Midoriya. Or, more correctly, to keep his situation a secret. That sounded to him king of outrageous.

All his students and many of the teachers had suffered for so long after the boys death. Why was he expected to be so cruel and not tell them the truth, not tell them that the young boy was still there. He wanted to question it, to learn what was so important that could rival that. He wanted to Moy hear to what the boy had to say. After all, he was a teacher and he shouldn't be told what to do by a student. But the sterness and determination in the teens eyes told him that he would have to wait. That he couldn't do that. And he seemed so focused on that goal of his, that Aizawa decided to give in. He would have a talk with him later.