Chapter 37

(Don't get confused, I just changed the cover art)

IZUKU'S POV

I was standing outside their room, looking at the plain door that stood between me and them. I could only imagine what was going to happen when I get in. Uraraka would definitely notice me, though the other two won't even understand it. And then, when I dare to say anything, Shinso would probably jump up and start to look around for me, or demand explanations. That's alright, he deserves them, though Todoroki is probably going to be confused and maybe scared.

The fifth's words are still fresh in my mind, playing on repeat as if he wants me to go on with it. Mr Banjo and Nana told me they could see me, hear me and interact with me. Is he trying to tell me to just show myself to them? 'Kid, I am not here to tell you what to do. This is your own decision to make. I am just saying what I think Asbest in this situation'. I was taken aback for a moment from the sudden appearance of a voice in my head. Yet, I soon relaxed. He is not making me to do this, which is good, but is it really wise to go against a hero with so many years of experience?

All of them, the successors, are great person who protected the world, so they probably know what is for the best. 'Thank you Mr Banjo. I think I would go on with your plan'. I sighed, everything was going too quickly for my liking. I was okay with Uraraka knowing. I didn't mind that, after all she was the only one that made my feel things.

But then, I was forced to tell sensei, then Shinso and now I am going to reveal myself to Todoroki too. Are they even going to accept me as I am now? Sure, Mr Aizawa didn't act any different yesterday, but it might had been just from the shock of having to see me once again. Then? What if they don't want to be friends with me because I cannot show any emotion to them? 'They are going to hate me, they are going to push me away'. I didn't want that, I didn't want to be left alone. I clenched my fist as I stared at the door for a while longer.

If I told Todoroki, then Bakugou and Iida would have to learn too. Because otherwise, they are going to get too suspicious of the others and the way they are acting. Which mean even more people I would have to deal with communicating. My feet trembled as I felt my weight get doubled. I was always shy when talking to others, but I had never felt that anxious before. Sweat drenched my face as the pulses inside of me became harsher, stronger than before.

Was that a panic attack, was this how it was supposed to feel? Everything was spinning and I felt like I wanted to run away. I was just going to talk to my friends, why can't I just do it!?Tears blurred my vision as small sons escaped from my mouth. 'You useless piece of crap. Some hero you are, not being able to handle your fears. Why the hell do I have to be so afraid of my own feelings. I just want to them!'. My sobs grew louder but I didn't care to sustain them. No one would hear me either way, so why bother?

Warm, comforting hands were touching me, embracing me and trying to sooth my pain, but it just didn't work. Nothing from this made me feel better. I felt sorry for them, all the predecessor trying to help me stop crying, while also knowing that their only hope is a stupid weak kid. All Might should have found another successor, I don't deserve all of this. All for One would probably laugh if he was to go against someone as pathetic as me. 'Stupid me thought I could maybe one day be like the others. I can't even fulfill a simple plan without chickening out'.

I was so lost in my own miserable state that I ignored everything around me. People walking, nurses and doctors talking, I was just standing outside a room crying like a 5 year old or so. But then I heard it. Footsteps. Light footsteps coming from inside the room, walking slowly and cautiously toward the door. I froze and a look of pure horror appeared on my face. I didn't want to see them, I didn't want to see anyone from there. Not now, not after this, it was too much, I panicked! I saw the doorknob get pulled down and the door slightly opened, letting the light from the inside flood the hallway.