Chepter 44

"Nezu! You cannot be seriously considering this!" shouted Toshinori at the principal. However, the creature didn't even turned to look at him. "It is what should be done. They knew the consequences and they kept on lying". All Might looked shocked at how hurtlessly he was acting. Sure, these students have lied continuesly and had hide information from them, but such a cruel punishment seemed to him quite unfair. Both those students had, at least to him, proven with their actions on difficult occasions that they indeed have the qualities of a true hero. He couldn't believe that the principal was judging them all because of one moment.

"W-what" stattered Uraraka, the word hardly escaping her mouth. She looked at the principal, his stoic expression reflecting that his decision was final and he had no intention of changing in. At that moment, she felt like she wanted to cry. All the hard work she had put in order to be accepted, all the hours she had wasted in classes training to achieve better control of her quirk. Everything had gone into waste. Her hands were trembling and she could feel Izuku's were too.

"Why... why don't you tell them?" he whispered but none of the two were in the condition to answer him. Shinso chuckled slightly, a ridiculous expression in his face. "Y-you can't be serious, a-are you principal!? You c-cannot expell us, you can't after everything we have b-been through!". The detective shood his head. "I am afraid Mr Shinso, but the principals decision is final". The boys expression started to break down slowly, turning into one of pure horror. "You can't do that to us! You can't, you can't, you can't! You can ask Mr Aizawa, he will testify for both of us! We are not evil, we have never done anything bad! We promise, I promise, you can't expell us!".

Desperation could be easily distinguished in his voice as he tried to change the decision that was made against then. Midoriya stared at him wide eyed as he felt his anger rising again. "WHY WON'T YOU TWO TELL THEM. YOU ARE GOING TO GET EXPELLED, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD FOR BECAUSE OF ME. GO ON, TELL THEM, PLEASE! I DON'T CARE, I DON'T MIND IT JUST PLEASE TELL THEM!".

Nezu dismissed the words of the purple haired boy and waved him off. "You aren't changing anything by trying Shinso. You and your friend should have revealed the truth when asked to do so. Now, it is too late to go back. Our trust to you has already been damaged". The teen felt like the world had crampled under his feet. He stared emptily at them, not knowing how to reply. Trying to become a hero was the only thing that he had in his life. And now, they were getting it away from him.

"Please Nezu, give them one last chance! Let them explain, I'm sure that they are going to tell the truth now" "No can do Toshinori. It won't change a thing. They should have spoken the truth from the very beginning. Not now. The only thing that this can do is maybe making the punish a little liter. That's it, they take it or leave it".

Izuku's eyes widen at that. "Go on, it's you last chance! Tell him! Why are you so stupid! COME ON!". 'Izuku, we aren't changing our decision'. The boy stared at the girl as she stood up. She took a deep breath to gather up all the courage she could get. She didn't believe that she was actually going to do this. But they say that there always a first time.

"All this time, at UA, I have spend my days learning how to become a hero. At the beginning, I thought that heroes had only to be powerful and have skills to fight villains. But the last months here taught me otherwise. Mr Aizawa told us that a hero is a person who risks everything to make others happy. A person that keep his words and remains loyal to his ideals. And I would have been a disgrace of a hero if I was not to stand up for what I was taught. Someone trusted me with this secret and I promised to them to not reveal it to anyone until they feel comfortable to. And I can tell that now isn't the time. So, I stand up for what I said before and I'm willing to take in the punishment you find fit for me". She bowed down in front of the three adults, surprising All Might with her gesture.