Chapter 20

From the first day in UA, Bakugou had made pretty obvious to everyone that he doesn't care about them. He always  radiated anger and scared away whoever tried to approach him. His manners were something that also made people stay away from him, as he had self proclaimed everyone as extras. To him, the only thing that mattered was to become the number one hero, viewing all the others as stepping stones on his way to glory. But his classmates were a lot like 'the damn nerd'.

No, not in the character. For all he knew, his childhood friend might be one and only in this world. What they have in common was that they weren't giving him a break. Always, they will try to stick around him and become his friends, as much as he shoved them away. And truth is that as annoying as he found all of them, he had started to like it. That kind of friendliness.

So yes, as strange as it may sound, Bakugou Katsuki cared about his classmates. He just didn't let it show. After all, if he let that soft spot of himself be shown, he will no longer have the right to be called, Lord Explosion Murder.

His classmates had started to take notice of his change. After all, it wasn't so difficult to understand that the person who at the beginning of the year was screaming all the time had started becoming less loud. He was even hanging out with them, especially with the red haired Kirishima that they would go as far as to say that it was the boys best friend.

After the somewhat mysterious fight that had happened between Midoriya and Bakugou, that was when everyone was met with a bit more mature boy, that seemed to actively communicate with the rest of the class. That was some improvement, and they were all happy to be able to have cracked one of the most distant people in their class. But of course all these attempts were thrown out of the window when Midoriya died, and no one talked to anyone. Then, everyone became distant, so there wasn't any reason for someone to try bring them together.

But Katsuki still cared. He cared for all of them and their condition. Though, how to help someone when you couldn't even help yourself to get over your friends death.

When he heard that Uraraka nearly died during their first hero exercise after the long break they have taken, he was pissed off. Knowing all that had happened with his friend and after telling them multiple times that they would keep them safe, they go off and do something like that. Of course, the girl came out of this unharmed, but this is also something that seemed to him pretty off. As everyone present in the fake city, he felt the power of the attack. And having particularly grown up with Izuku talking about all the heroes and hearing his analysis, he knew for a fact that Eraser head didn't possess that type of power.

Something was off, and he was sure about it. However he couldn't put his finger on it. His suspicions only grew when he saw the class representative and Uraraka talk later that day, and to say he couldn't believe what he was seeing would be an understatement. The girl that had been mourning so many days now, the same that couldn't stand to be in the same class with them without breaking down, the one that he could swear they would have to stop from committing suicide at some point was now talking to someone that was too close to the dead boy when alive without shading a tear. She was even smiling!

That was not normal. They were hiding something, now who was doing so and what, he had no idea. But he was determined to find out. Though live didn't want to give them all a break as it seemed. The next day, they went all to school minus one classmate, but what awaited them as they went on with the lessons was horrifying. The attack of the nomu and the defeat of the current number one hero was enough to shake everyone in class. And the threat toward their school in the end wasn't helping. Everyone was afraid, worried sick of what is going to happen. Though he was more worried about Todoroki.

He was never close with the boy, Deku was nearly the only one he would talk to so no one really knew anything about him. He remembered however hearing once his childhood friend say that he had it raff in his life growing up. Apparently, his father was an *sshole, as he would call it. But during their classes to gain their provisional licenses, he could acknowledge that the man was making attempts to approach his son, and the dual quirk user seemed to notice too and be silently glad for that.