Chapter 64

Izuku tried to the best of his abilities to tell to the heroes in front of him his story from the moment he had died. And it sure had been a long one, considering all the events that had taken place. Throughout the whole time, the boy had been careful enough to leave out anything that may concerned One for All or the previous successors. Since Aizawa was in the room, he knew that he couldn't say anything about it. But he would have to, at some point, talk with his mentor about everything he had learned so far.

After he was finished, silence spread among them, the beeping sound of the heart monitor attached to Uraraka being the only thing heard. Midoriya waited patiently for the four adults to process all the knew information, his eyes glued to his friend's sleeping form.

Nezu cleared his throat, affectively gaining the attention of everyone in the room. "I see young Izuku. Although I have to say manifesting a new quirk to keep you as a ghost here was not one of my initial thoughts when it came to your condition". The teen smiled awkwardly at the principal, though he didn't give any type of an answer. Aizawa raised his head and glanced at Uraraka. He sighed and brought one hand to rub his forehead in an attempt to ease a headache that was creeping up on him.

"So, problem child number two knew all along. Not a surprise here. And Shinso learnt after I passed out in the fight with Dabi... You kids are going to be the end of me, I swear". He groaned and everyone burst out laughing at the tired teachers complains. Eraserhead just shook his head at that and went to lean into the wall on a corner of room.

The first to calm down was All Might, who gained a serious expression to his face. The atmosphere seemed to immediately tense up as the retired hero spoke. "You said you killed Toga. I will let you know that I am against killing a villain, except if it is absolutely necessary. You are aware of that, aren't you. So, I cannot agree with that action of yours. However, I know you well enough young Midoriya. And I believe that there is something more that you didn't tell us about the situation. I know that you are not a person who kills someone that easily".

Izuku looked away from them, refusing to make eye contact with his mentor, who was expecting some kind of an answer. "A good place to start young man would be to tell us, for example, how did the girl lose her hand. I don't believe we had an explanation of that yet". The other three heroes nodded. The boy mumbled something unrecognizable under his breath. Aizawa stiffened up.

"What was that problem child?". He sighed. "Toga cut it. I-I couldn't save her. I stood there and watched her and I couldn't save her! I couldn't, I couldn't, I couldn't, I couldn't! I got angry she hurt Ochako. So I choked her. I choked her to her death. And then I-I stabbed her with her knife. It had Ochako's blood in it and I couldn't look at it. I wanted her to pay for what she did to her. So I painted it with her own blood".

"And, did your revenge feel satisfying?". Izuku glanced at Nezu before focusing back to Uraraka. "What do you mean?", he asked softly, his voice almost seeming lifeless. The principal looked at him with a stoic expression. "Did it feel good to get her back for what she did to your friend? Are you feeling proud of what you did?".

A smile spread to the boys lips as he chuckled slightly. Toshinori got taken aback by that. "I'm not proud...", he trailed off. A sigh of relief was heard among the heroes. Nezu put a hand up, indicating for the others to wait. The grin on the boys face widen. "...but it did feel good". Silence. The principal nodded his head. It was exactly as he had expected.

"Who were you blaming before?", asked Aizawa. Everyone was taken aback by the question and turned to look at the boy. "When?", he asked. The teacher sighed. "Don't play it stupid on me. You know very well what I am talking about. Before the others learn about you, you were crying and shouting that you hate them for what they did. Who were you talking about?".